It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk emergency budget announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'd just like to have a quick discussion about the new emergency budget released from the co-alition Uk government.

Lets skip all of the normal things you would expect to see , like cuts to benefits and all the other things that effect the very poor and middle classes, and only scarcely effect the ultra rich.

lets jump straight to the bit where they arent going to claim the full amount back from the Uk banking system , and also the part where they dont even make any cuts to defense spending!

I've read through it briefly this morning and couldn't highlight anywhere , any defense cuts

here is the link to the pdf
Uk emergency budget 2010

here is a link to the key points at a glance

at a glance

So why is it that after we get a new government that they didnt listen to the public , during the labour reign we had millions protesting against the iraq and afghan war , and they never listened , now we have a co-alition government of cons and lib dems and they arent even making defense cuts .

it just goes to show that no one listens to the people.
What then do the people of the UK have left , our vote simply doesnt mean anything , our voices simply mean nothing , an email or a letter to voice your concerns to your local MP or to the PM himself will go unheard.

So what do we have left to turn to , to make the point that we want the banks to pay in full for their mistake , and for the military to be removed from overseas theatres and to cut the defense budget to fix the deficit!

anyone feel free to rant as I have done ,

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Surprise surprise - all governments want money for war, even at the expense of their citizens.

And the ultimate war will be at the expense of all their citizens, and themselves.

The human race is officially loony - call the shrinks - oops, sorry, I forgot they are all loony as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The bank Levy is expected to Bring in 2 million a year, which is peanuts compared to amount they were bailed out for.

It's far easier to take benefits from the poor, the people who have no voice or political representation within our society. We lose 36 billion in tax avoidance by the rich in this country, yet we would rather crack down on those on welfare, than tackle the rich over their tax evaision. I wonder why?

Having said that the budget was not as bad as I had feared. Still the banks need to be sorted out and broken up. But, it seems all the hard talk on banks by all countries is nothing more than hot air.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
someone posted on bbc have your say , that BP oil spill , they are being made to pay in excess of £20 billion for the environmental / social / healthcare damage , yet the banks are being made to pay £2billion over a period of 6 years

where is the difference , they have both caused damage yet the banks get off free , after all they were spending our savings on stocks and shares and messed up !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
someone posted on bbc have your say , that BP oil spill , they are being made to pay in excess of £20 billion for the environmental / social / healthcare damage , yet the banks are being made to pay £2billion over a period of 6 years

where is the difference , they have both caused damage yet the banks get off free , after all they were spending our savings on stocks and shares and messed up !

For some reason we NEVER hear how much money was used to bailout the banks, the new Government and the right wing press would rather blame the whole deficit on Labors mismanagement of the economy, which in my opinion is letting the banks get away with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

yeh well , the reason labour mismanaged our economy was because they sucked off old georg bush and went to war in Iraq. Labour completey ignored the UK population despite millions marching against the war, they done it anyway.

Before the war, Gordon Brown set aside £1 billion for war spending. As of late 2007, the UK had spent an estimated £7 billion in direct operating expenditures in Iraq and Afghanistan (76 per cent of it in Iraq). This includes money from a supplemental “special reserve”, plus additional spending from the Ministry of Defence.

Based on assumptions set out in our book, the budgetary cost to the UK of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan through 2010 will total more than £18 billion. If we include the social costs, the total impact on the UK will exceed £20 billion.

three trillion dollar war

I guess bush was hoping haliburton and shell would get those lucrative contracts after it settled down !

top topics

join