It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pak PM ignores US warning on Iran gas deal, to go ahead with gas import

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Pak PM ignores US warning on Iran gas deal, to go ahead with gas import

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

PTI, Jun 22, 2010, 04.42pm IST

ISLAMABAD: Defying a warning from Washington, Pakistan's prime minister promised Tuesday to go ahead with a plan to import natural gas from Iran even if the U.S. levies additional sanctions against the Mideast country.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani's comments came two days after the U.S. special envoy to Pakistan, Richard Holbrooke, cautioned Pakistan not to ``overcommit'' itself to the deal because it could run afoul of new sanctions against Iran being finalized by Congress.

The deal has been a constant source of tension between the two countrie
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thenews.com.pk
en.wikipedia.org
beta.thehindu.com
tribune.com.pk

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Iran, India and Pakistan have been talking about this pipeline for years and with the upcoming sanctions almost in place, Pakistan's PM is saying they are not obligated to follow unilateral US sanctions, so they are going ahead with their gas pipeline with Iran. They did say, that if these sanctions were UN sponsored they would have to reconsider.

Now with many of the cards in place to play, meaning Israel has flight path clearance through Saudi airspace, the US is ready to search Iranian shipping, etc, even with Iran, India, and Pakistan agreeing on this, I doubt this will actually be built until any issues with Iran are settled.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I posted a thread about this two weeks ago. Now the US is openly angry about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I missed that thread. Oops

Now that the deal has been signed, I wonder how long it will be before we hear more smoke from Hillary and co?

I still doubt it will be built unless/until they get what they want from Iran.

Edit spelling

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ths is fake. most likely the aricle is there just to justify the US invasion of Pakistan

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think this begs the question; why does the US government think it can dictate world policy?

If this is indeed true, I say good on Pakistan for standing up to the US war machine.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Pakistan is securing an energy source? How dare they, they should be bombed, bombed, bombed for this flagrant violation of the the US commands.

new topics

top topics

join