It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Quality Indexes for Hydrocarbon And Related Pollutants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I live in Alberta Canada, and we do quite a lot of drilling here. Our government maintains air quality indicator stations that can be accessed online.

www.envinfo.gov.ab.ca...

You'll notice I can slice and dice for methane, hydrocarbons, and numerous other air pollutants.

Well I thought I'd go take a look at what the area around the Gulf has floating about in it.

Only the US states only track ozone (whoop-dee) and sulfur dioxide essentially.

Then they have the hutzpa to say that the air is "good" with only those few bits.

So before I start thinking about how retarded the bureaucracy in the USA is (again), please someone tell me that they know that your governments track and give access to this important data to their people in some other way.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You have pointed out an epidemic issue with us Americans...

"Details? We don't need no stinking details? They question our sovereignty!"

Without sounding too much like a rant, from an early age I noticed that those around me figured if it was productized, it was safe.. and those who had concerns were wussies...

I'm very glad to see your country, focused on details in their research....

There's a lot to be said for followthrough

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've noticed that. I've even noticed that people are scared of non-factory food, like strawberries in the field are more concerning than the ones from a conveyor belt. It is astounding.

join