It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bogus Oil Slick Photo Circulating in MSM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

How is it that you have never seen fish flop about and end up someplace you wouldnt expect them?

You are so opposed to the thought that a leak like we have never experienced in the gulf is having any effect that you are just blind to what is actually possible...

this fish could have flopped INTO the oil...

But regarding oil in the gulf.... yeah the rigs leak... yeah I had tar balls on the beach in Galveston back in the late 70's when I lived there....

but you seem to think that the normal oil rigs leaking which in most part is easily absorbed by the environment and has little negative effect is somehow comparable to the leaking of 100,000 barrels a day non-stop for the past 60 days....

And the effects of the dispersants as well...

And now... we find out that most of what we have been saying about the doomed well is true.

This situation is nothing like the normal operations of rigs in the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I spoke to the photographer on the phone this morning. He assured me that the fish (which are tiny bait fish about as big as my thumb) as well as the shrimp jump from the clean water onto the oil slicked water, which is near the marshland. And also that the shots are quite real. He invited anyone who doesn't believe that his photos are real to come on over and see it in real life. Really cool guy. I thanked him for the excellent work he was doing in documenting this mess.

(edit to change fresh water to clean water...wouldn't want a misunderstanding.)

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Awesome work ~Lucidity!

So DocVelocity? Are you going to accept the photographers invite and go see these things for yourself?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Nope. Fish are the same density as the water in which they live... Or else they'd all be living above the surface. When fish die in their natural habitat, they lose control of their air bladders, which brings them to the surface, but you have never seen a dead fish floating ABOVE the surface.

Pop the fish's air bladder, and it will sink like a rock.

If these fish had been killed by crude oil or a layer of tar(?) in the water (which I seriously doubt), they would still be floating BENEATH the water's surface and BENEATH the oil or tar.

No way they're going to float above the surface.

— Doc Velocity

well.. when i was younger, i used to have a pet fish. it spent most its days swimming around in its little one gallon fish bowl (except for that one time it wanted to explore the outside world and hopped out of the fish bowl) had him for about 3 years. anyways, hes dead now and i seem to recall him floating up to the surface of the water. hmmmmm

but then again, i tried keeping crude oil out of his one gallon bubble

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join