It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heckling the queen at un

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What gets me is how any Human could think that an other Human is in anyway Higher or Lower than themselves! Boy am I glad im a Bohemian Artist

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charly111

Typical British Monarchy - they have created havoc ever since their existence

It seems quite fashionable to blame Britain for all the world's ill's at present.
I suppose it's convenient and enable's people to ignore the role their own countries have played on both past and current world event's.

- WW 1 & 2

And Hitler had nothing to do with WWII?

- Israel & Palestine conflict

Not solely down to us.
And surely the vast majority of the blame and responsibility should lie with the combatants themselves?

- India & Pakistan religious dissection

Again, surely the largest proportion of blame is down to the Hindu's and Muslims who decided to slaughter each other, like they used to well before The British Raj.
They have had long enough to resolve issues themselves and come up with a more suitable alternative, but they haven't, so whose fault is it that they still can't live next door to each other.
I suggest that it has more to do with their own inherent prejudices than anything else!

- South Africa & Zimbabwe apartheid

Yes, we do have a colonial past.
I bet there are a lot of Zimbabweans wish they could return to those day's when you look at the success Mugabe has made of that beautiful country.
Once considered 'the bread basket of Africa' it is now poverty stricken with rampant super inflation, is riddled with corruption, massive restrictions on human rights and open racism against white's.
South Africa is heading the same way.
Oh, and by the way...apartheid is of Afrikaaner origin.
Afrikaaners - Boers - Dutch.
I suggest you aim your nonsensical hatred at the Dutch and their monarchy for that one.

- Iraq & Afghanistan anti-Islamic war

The Iraq War was sold to us with a lie, and Blair should be tried for that.
But let's face it, Saddam only remained in power at the behest of the US government.
When he had outlived his usefullness they decided to get rid of him.
Afghanistan is a different matter.
And let's not forget that the vast proportion of responsibility for this conflict liesat the feet of the barbaric and brutal Taliban.
And the 'anti-Islamic' war is more down to the uncompromising and inflammable nature of 'fundamental interpretations' of Islam and it's followers than anything else.

- 911 and now doomsday

I don't think anyone can or has blamed 911 on The British Monarchy.
Probably Islamic terrorists with possibly outside help/ assistance.
Or the US government.
Or Mossad.
Or numerous other theories...but none include Queen Elizabeth II.

British Petroleum / Monarchy was funding for all these atrocities with the help of BBC as their mouth piece and now its payback time, I hope they never getup again.

It ceased being British Petroleum years ago.
It's a private corporation.
39% of the shares are owned by US citizens.
Do yourself a favour, do some research before posting and stop showing yourself up.
The BBC are just as bad as all MSM outlets nowadays, sad but true.

They only believe in divide and rule, when will they ever learn to stop - enough is enough.

Of course.

stupid sneaky little bastards of small people.

If this racist statement had been made about anyone else other than Britain there would be red warn tags flying around but as it is aimed at us Brits it will go unpunished as usual.

Pathetic!

And what relevance has any of this to Liz addressing the UN Assembly.

Off topic.
Full of rubbish.
Racist.

That about sums it up.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Ausar

Americans do not care for royalty. That's probably the biggest reason we exist is because of the Monarchy in England that doomed most of the citizens (or in their day, peasants) to be second class while simply being born to the right circumstances gave you a life of luxury.

That is exactly what happens in the US anyway. They may not have titles but they have the money. We still have a massive "peasant" class toiling to fund the lifestyles of the filthy rich.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Pathetic!

And what relevance has any of this to Liz addressing the UN Assembly.

Off topic.
Full of rubbish.
Racist.
reply to post by Freeborn

At least you accepted half of what I said that means you are half pathetic and half racist

By the way I am not against Liz she is quiet a nice lady and I am very fond of her - its the clowns who have jobs for generations that abuse her power - but the buck stops at her and just like the BP CEO she must cleanup her kingdom from all these bigots around her and Blair/BBC are perfect examples but unfortunately they have final say in making her a puppet.

When was the last time you or your forefathers and 90% of all Britishers had an audience with the monarchy to check the pulse of the kingdom, does that mean she is racist and pathetic 2.

In the past kings and queens use to check their kingdom for injustices and issues on a regular basis but now you cant even say hello without going through wall of fire and harassment.

And if heckling wakes her up so be it - thats the only way for common people to communicate with her and tell her something is wrong with her existence as a head of the state only because Blair, BBC, BP(sponsors) and their goons are still out there scheming heinous war crime against humanity under the British flag just like they did and got away with it in Ireland.

Thats y a Muslim always ask for justice from god ( Allah ) and not from human beings (like most of the western culture ask u to do) it takes a little while but when the verdict is delivered u will only run from it ( Iraq & Afghanistan ) but then there is no place to hide.

Blindly following a person is not blindness its brainlessness especially when your tax dollars is used by these clowns to commit war crimes against humanity. Do you fall in this category?

Wake up buddy its still not to late but then u r British u wont even notice until WW3 ends just like the other wars b4 & pay heavy price/ VAT / taxes & then run in the name of royalty.

[edit on 0202:6 22/06 by Charly111]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

At least you accepted half of what I said that means you are half pathetic and half racist

What half did I accept you were right.

And I think Sir that you are the pathetic racist.

And as predicted, no action taken against outright racist and bigoted comments against Brits, but we seem to be an open target to anyone here on ATS nowadays.

No big deal to me, but wait until any Brit starts posting similar remarks about other nationalities etc, the heavy hand and the red warn signs come out!

Sad, but unfortunately very true.

Back on topic.

By the way I am not against Liz she is quiet a nice lady and I am very fond of her

I 'm sure she'll be very relieved to hear that, lol

- its the clowns who have jobs for generations that abuse her power

She has very few powers of any sort to abuse!

- but the buck stops at her and just like the BP CEO she must cleanup her kingdom from all these bigots around her and Blair/BBC are perfect examples but unfortunately they have final say in making her a puppet.

Could you please clarify your point here because unfortunately I can't quite follow your reasoning.
I think you'll get almost universal agreement that Blair is a complete arse but what has that got to do with The Queen.

Yes, BP has a responsibility to clean up the Deepwater mess, as Exxon has in The Niger Delta, but what has that got to do with Britain or our Queen?

When was the last time you or your forefathers and 90% of all Britishers had an audience with the monarchy to check the pulse of the kingdom, does that mean she is racist and pathetic too.

Britishers??
I think you have been reading too many war comics! lol.

Again, it may be me, but I don't understand what point you are making, sorry.
But I dare say The Queen meets more common, every day Brits than say Obama does Americans. (Not a dig at Obama and America, just an example).

In the past kings and queens use to check their kingdom for injustices and issues on a regular basis but now you cant even say hello without going through wall of fire.

Irrelevant in this day and age, and I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier.

And if heckling wakes her up so be it - thats the only way for common people to communicate with her and tell her something is wrong with her existence as a head of the state only because Blair, BBC, BP(sponsors) and their goons are still out there scheming heinous war crime against humanity under the British flag just like they did and got away with it in Ireland.

I suggest there are many more Heads Of State who are more influential and more deserving of heckling.

Blindly following a person is not blindness its brainlessness especially when your tax dollars is used by these clowns to commit war crimes against humanity. Do you fall in this category?

I have blind faith in no-one and no thing.

Thats y a Muslim always ask for justice from god ( Allah ) and not from human beings (like most of the western culture ask u to do) it takes a little time but when the verdict is delivered u only run from it ( Iraq & Afghanistan ) but there is no place to hide from his punishment.

There are numerous threads here on ATS where I would willingly debate the merits of Islam, the percieved threat it poses and indeed any other organised religion if you so wish.
The same go's for your poor attempt to drag Ireland into this arguement.
Feel free to contribute to one of them or start a thread of your own and I'll gladly contribute.

Wake up buddy its still not to late but then u r British u wont even notice until WW3 ends just like the other wars before & pay heavy price / VAT / taxes and run in the name of royalty.

Like before when we alone, with our loyal allies from Australia, Canada and New Zealand, stood in the face of tyranny whilst other's profiteered out of our stance and suffering.
Again, try somewhere else and I'll gladly contribute.

You made no attempt at all to reply to any of the answers I made to your previous post and continue to trot out nonsensical points in an attempt to justify why Queen Elizabeth II should be 'heckled' at The UN.

You obviously have a blatant anti-UK agenda, at least try to justify it with some reasoned debate.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

British Petroleum / Monarchy was funding for all these atrocities with the help of BBC as their mouth piece and now its payback time, I hope they never getup again.

Listen mate, before you go any further, you REALLY need to educate yourself, considering we are supposedly being brainwashed by the BBC, it's YOU who seems to have your facts wrong. Are you implying the monarchy was somehow responsible for the BP disaster?

Also what about your segment of the ownership of BP? or does your large chunk of the profits not count in your uneducated, xenophobic dribblings?

They only believe in divide and rule, when will they ever learn to stop - enough is enough.

What the hell are you talking about? What century are you in and more importantly what planet have you arrived from?

stupid sneaky little bastards of small people.

Charmed. Although i don't know how you can accuse us of all the things you instigated in your post such as 9/11, Israel, India, Africa, Bp etc and then call us stupid.

I think you don't know what you're talking about, simply because you have contradicted yourself BEFORE i even got to question your dubious and slightly obnoxious post.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by To Many Lies

reply to post by Ausar

Americans do not care for royalty. That's probably the biggest reason we exist is because of the Monarchy in England that doomed most of the citizens (or in their day, peasants) to be second class while simply being born to the right circumstances gave you a life of luxury.

The royal family is an outdated disgrace that glorifies an oppressive time and way of life.

Damn the Queen.

Oh and your country was so great back then?

Hang on........ have you stepped back and looked at your country from an outsiders point of view ?

no offense to American citizens i just mean how corrupt your government is and the GLOBAL problems they have caused and continue to cause.

Please, spare me the "world hates America." I get that enough from our own teenagers that haven't watched more than a video on youtube.

No our country was not great, but since this thread is about a "Queen" that's what I posted about, no country is perfect, but I do rather tire of people glorifying the crown. All it was, was a religious glorified dictatorship, and keeping the royal families around on tradition is like putting up statues of Stalin and Hitler.

I see no reason to respect the queen, she's no more deserving of her title than Paris Hilton is of hers.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

You are entitled to your views on the Queen, but not all British people share them, and I hope that your own comments on the need for respect also extend to those who hold views different to your own.

You say respect is due because of the office, but I do not agree with the office....and it therefore doesn't elicit any great respect in me.

Are you saying that all beckling is wrong, or just that there are certain people who should not be heckled because of their higher office?

For my part I believe that anyone who holds a position of authority, and who does not use that authority to protect with all their might the safety and freedom of the people they REPRESENT, deserves a healthy dose of heckling at every opportunity.

Showing obeisance to a hereditary office, just because of its name, irrespective of whether or not that office is used to exploit or assist the people it is supposed to represent is one more form of political correctness which suppresses any real debate...and just takes us deeper into the terrible mess we are already in.

Did the Queen stop the useless war in Iraq? No. Why not? She has it in her power to refuse her onsent to the decisions made by Government....although that prerogative is never used. But it COULD be used to prevent such duplicity, if she so wished. Perhaps she was not aware of the lies? In that case, she was negligent. Did she not see the tousands of people in the streets protesting against said duplicitous and illegal war? She chose to ignore them.

Had she or the Government listened to the common sense of the majority of the British people at that time, they would have done the country and the world a HUGE service.

Her words mean little to me, her actions or non actions are what is important.

Without the people and without their taxes her office would be meaningless. Her duty is to serve and protect the people, in return for the millions she receives from them - and that obligation dates back to feudal times. In my lifetime I have never seen evidence of her doing that.

Why is it that although in THEORY all these 'leaders' - royalty, government, presidents, etc, swear oaths ot duty to the people - the prevailing mores always seem to be that we people should obey them.

Oh, and by the way, Britain is no longer a sovereign state anyway, so the point is mute. The Queen is queen of a non-existing nation, because it has been subsumed into the EEC - an act which, incidentally, according to the Magna Carta is an act of treason. So - the Queen, who could have refused her consent had she so chosen, therefore failed to protect the nation's sovreignty or the people's sovereign rights, so surely that makes her complicit in a huge act of treason?

And so, no, I do not see her office as worthy of unconditional respect, nor do I have any objection to heckling. She has sold out her country and her people....heckling seems rather lame in comparison.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The queen of England is filthy rich.

One of the richest women on the planet.

What real work, bettering of our planet's society has she done?

She was entitled through birth.

One of the blue blood - true blood. A alien overlord.

My Scottish ancestors came over here because they saw through the bs.

No, it is wrong wrong wrong that Elizabeth holds all the wealth that she does.

She is a waste, a total waste and I spit upon the ground she walks upon.

Death to the queen, a total waste.

A non productive human being, put upon a pedestal that should be torn down.

God, will humanity ever grow up.

My ancestor's were the very ones like in Braveheart that opposed her ancestors.

Long may my ancestor's live and their spirits go onto a better place than here were humanity still worships the spirit of the serpent.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
does anyone have a link to her address?

i mean her speech not the location of her physical body.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Ausar]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well here's my take in case anybody cares. Heckle her till you lose your voice! Throw rotten veggies and anything else you want to throw! She's not better than anybody else and as far as the elitist attitude I'd say she's worse! Involved in all that NWO scum stuff as well. Don't let the monarchy fool you into thinking she's just some sweet old lady with no real political power because that ain't the truth! Down with her a$$ and down with the NWO!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Ausar

The royal family is an outdated disgrace that glorifies an oppressive time and way of life.

Damn the Queen.

Much has changed?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Has anyone who posted on here actually listened to her 'evil' speech yesterday?

I wonder, did anyone heckle her or wasit all empty rhetoric for show or does anyone even have a reasoned opinion on it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That's probably the biggest reason we exist is because of the Monarchy in England that doomed most of the citizens (or in their day, peasants) to be second class while simply being born to the right circumstances gave you a life of luxury.

Thank goodness they were morally outraged at the thought of anyone being a second class citizen, and giving luxury or afforded certain rights based solely on what you ended up simply being born into.

How long after did they free those slaves of theirs?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Nixie,

the OP was a general question (in poor English) about whether it was OK to heckle the Queen on her official visit to address the UN General Assembly in July.

I suspect due to the BP issue in the gulf. which is an idiotic link but anyway.

Apparently the general concencus amongst the yanks here so far is.

YES.

Not really.

I don't feel a need to heckle the Queen over the BP oil-geyser nightmare that is the Gulf.

I can't say I have any sort of deep respect for her or the other royals, to me it's all just useless celebrity/elitism, but I think heckling her over what happened in the Gulf is a bit distasteful and misguided.

There are plenty of other more responsible people to direct that sort of sentiment towards.

Besides...why heckle the Queen and accomplish nothing, when you can simply give her a big old American bear-hug and watch all of the UK let out a collective gasp in horror.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90e93cfd07ec.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh the humanity!!

the OP was a general question (in poor English)

Oh and FYI:
If you are going to criticize someone for using "poor English", make sure you don't outright fail with grammar, spelling, and punctuation in the same post.

This is the interwebz after all.

Pointing out such things in order to mock the intelligence of someone based on an opinion you don't like, is just shooting fish in a barrel. In other words, it's a pretty cheap shot.

If it isn't intolerable, just let it slide.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

You are working here under the idea that Her Majesty still retains the powers of her predecessors. This is false. You are sounding here a lot like a man my family had the honor to be put on the enemies list of, Prime Minister Chamberlain. If you bury your head in the sand, and create enemies out of nothingness then the real ones are far easier to appease and less scary.

You blame the royals for World War II, which is so blatantly insane that it is laughable. My family has served and defended England since King Henry V, and were among the "Happy Few" at the Battle of Agincourt. My grandfather probably fought beside your family against Fascism, and his father was one of the MPs that called PM Chamberlain a coward and pushed the UK to be ready when the Blitz came.

These are real people, who made real change, the true British. The Queen is a symbol personified, the flesh and blood behind an idea. The idea of Britain, of England, is our version of the American Spirit so to speak. I can understand you being against England or the United Kingdom, but to blame The Queen specifically for the problems of the entire country is like blaming a bald eagle for the War in Iraq, idiotic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Has anyone who posted on here actually listened to her 'evil' speech yesterday?

I wonder, did anyone heckle her or wasit all empty rhetoric for show or does anyone even have a reasoned opinion on it.

I saw all of the speech, it's part of my job to haha. It was quite nice, not controversial I thought. She spoke of the promise of the Commonwealth, how the United Nations has grown and she supports it, and how peace is preferable to war. It was quite cordial and respectful and what I expected really.

Anti-globalists might take issue with The Queen's support of the United Nations, but other than that there really wasn't anything I'd see as "evil." It's a speech by The Queen, like most any other public speech by her it's polite, rather motherly and quite uncontroversial. If you went into it expecting the kind of fireworks you'd get from Chavez or Ahmadinejad at the UN, you'd be quite disappointed to be sure.

Here is a transcript:
Transcript

[edit on 7-7-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join