It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish fundamentalism causing tension within Israeli society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I would be interested in garnering opinion from people living within Israel regarding an Unreported World episode that travels to Israel to reveal how the rapid growth of Jewish "fundamentalists" is creating tension within Israeli society and endangering any negotiations on a peace deal with the Palestinians. Reporter Evan Williams and director Alex Nott visit the Mea Sharim district of Jerusalem, the heartland of ultra-Orthodox Jews known as the Haredi, or "those who fear God".

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
One of my best friends family friends lives in Israel. She told me that the people want peace. She doesn't hate anyone because of their beliefs or where they live. She said all of this conflict is more of a political thing, the people of Israel are just like you and I. I'm sure their GOV wants to bring in more fundamentals to cause problems...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
One of my best friends family friends lives in Israel. She told me that the people want peace. She doesn't hate anyone because of their beliefs or where they live. She said all of this conflict is more of a political thing, the people of Israel are just like you and I. I'm sure their GOV wants to bring in more fundamentals to cause problems...

And the more I speak to ordinary Jewish people, the more I hear the call for peace.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Exactly! This thread is going in the right direction. We are finally starting to wake to that because a person is JEwish or from somewhere doesn't make them bad or evil. It's just the corruption in their governments. And not all governments or gov employees are evil just a small few who can do a large a mount of damage.

I will star and flag.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt
reply to post by LarryLove

Exactly! This thread is going in the right direction. We are finally starting to wake to that because a person is JEwish or from somewhere doesn't make them bad or evil. It's just the corruption in their governments. And not all governments or gov employees are evil just a small few who can do a large a mount of damage.

I will star and flag.

Thank you and yes, I want us all to start asking questions and realize that either the corruption or fundamentalism of a few is what's causing the divide. We have to move forward - educate and evolve.

top topics

join