It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HED physics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It is funny that you bring up the "Castle" thing, because one of the guys was spouting off about Castle "Tune." Are you familiar with that.

Your statement does make it sound like what they were arguing about, though.

Very impressive, I might add!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
It is funny that you bring up the "Castle" thing, because one of the guys was spouting off about Castle "Tune." Are you familiar with that.

There was a Castle Koon series, which tried to use unenriched lithium. Livermore's thinking was that since Castle Bravo worked so surprisingly well (to the point of being a Bad Thing), that you didn't need extra Li6 at all, and could count on the Li7 to do the whole job, but they weren't counting on some other issues, mainly that you had to get the reaction going pretty well before the Li7 would give you the Tritium Surprise.

So Koon failed - the shot was a dud. Only the primary and secondary sparkplug went off, there wasn't a fusion reaction at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

If one had a black box, and when an electron passed through, out the other side of the box came (with some inefficiency and a great deal of energy) a positron. Ignoring the contents of the box, is the transformation allowed by charge conjugation?

edit: also thus my oblique statement about c, cp, cpt violation

Without anything else coming out?

I dunno, but I thought that lepton number was definitely conserved, so either electrons/electron neutrinos gotta come out too.

But otherwise I think it's beyond me.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by mbkennel]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Bedlam,

Sorry. I am cert!in you are correct. That conversation was quite some time ago, and I clearly did not recall it correctly.

Again, my friend, you certainly seem to know your material!

I certainly look forward to discussing some upcoming topics with you, when we can focus a bit more on some of the material in which I am more effectively trained and experienced.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Sorry, not my intention to convey that Russia is necessarily the key competitor and/or target (at least for a primary/direct strike) with regards any possible advancement in the USA's development of such munitions/systems, more so a genuine curiousity about why the POTUS decided to enter into that scenario at this moment in time, whether that may be linked to his knowledge about US weapons development/superiority (of this nature), and what info exactly either party may be sharing or withholding on the matter from the other...and others (third parties)

Is China also in the race, anyone else? How does that alter the mix? Who does Russia fear most - China or USA acquiring such a next generation threat?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Although I had little interest shown in my thread about the potential conflicts between India and China, China is THE most important player for serious conflict in the 21st Century. It is far too easy for American leaders and financiers to underestimate the likelihood of the Chinese to grow into the first global MEGA-power, as they are referred to in the book that is about to be released.

Do not forget that they were the victims of the two Opium Wars, and that they blame the British and the West for all of the drug-related problems that devastated their people and nation for many generations afterward. Do not forget that they had little assistance by the Western nations while the Japanese war machine rolled through Manchuria in 1931. In reality, that was the actual date the Second World War was initiated.

I certainly do not want to reveal any significant amount of information from this book series, but the reasons for our needed concerns with the Chinese. Until we clearly recognize the dangers we face from China, we will be in a similar situation as when we set up Adolph Hitler to keep Germany from falling to the Communists. And we are all quite familiar with how THAT underestimation turned out!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Oooh, now you've really got my interest. Yes, I have a little book ('A Brief History of Asia' I think it's called) which I re-read earlier this year to gain, to some extent, their perspective of the west and our place in their history. It tallies with your comments and I wish more westerners were more aware of how a variety of those less than endearing encounters with their upstart western adversaries appear to have been positioned so freshly and centrally in the minds of those MANY (well educated) Chinese alive today. (Perhaps this will come across more now China are launching their new English language TV channel?)

Did you see what "this_is_who_we_are" posted on ATS thread "General Conspiracies » Missiles in Poland, 46 Navy Ships Evac to Costa Rica, Tomahawks off China? Now I Get It. You Better" which was a link to "The Drums of War? Pentagon Provokes New Crisis With China" article from GlobalResearch.ca link

I too sometimes feel like we are (again) sleep-walking into another terrible global conflict...and nobody seems aware. Here in the UK the news is very much dominated by what I fear could quickly become very, very small beer...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Notice that in this list of publications, that they were frequently made until the year 2003, and then there are NO MORE articles.

This is what happens when "scientific research" becomes a classified project!

Beware, I say!

adg.llnl.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join