It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive material used in Sydney games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Radioactive material used in Sydney games

www.heraldsun.com.au< br />

AUSTRALIAN and American military forces reportedly used radioactive material during war training games across Sydney.

The material was shifted around the city and its surrounding suburbs throughout May, the Seven Network reported on Friday.

Black Hawk helicopters that circled the city and harbour were reportedly on a search mission for hidden deposits of radioactive material.

The Australian Defence Force said its activities didn't endanger any people or animals, and the amount used was "minimal".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Not much of a story, that's most of it cut and pasted.

Without more details it's difficult to be too judgemental. I guess they decided that the minimal risk was justifiable. However, without any prior public warning, it shows what the military think they can get away with, when they want to.

I'm a little tired of grown men playing real-life war games. Don't they know how to play paintball or lasertag? Haven't they heard of Warhammer 40K?

They are a lot easier to play, the don't cost lives and you really don't need to murder anyone.

www.heraldsun.com.au< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Tezzajw.....

My guess is they some extremely low level material to do some sort of tracing test.

It was probably safer than the sort of material you find in every hospital nuclear medicine department.

My gues is there was no danger at all.

The fact that "the Greens are concerned" probably means I'm right!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The authorities are conducting "Material Profiling". It's discriminatory to single out radioactive materials just because the basic description of the materials you're looking for is "radioactive". They should be randomly sampling a disproportionate amount of non-radioactive materials while not checking materials that are obviously radioactive.

And why should they play paintball or laser tag? Restrict yourself to only people that fit the description of "within the arena"? That's profiling too.

[edit on 6/18/2010 by abecedarian]

top topics

join