It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks founder fears for his life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Wikileaks founder fears for his life

www.abc.net.au

The man behind whistleblower website Wikileaks says he is not in a position to record an interview amid claims his life is in danger.

Julian Assange, the Australian-born founder of Wikileaks, is said to be under threat with reports that the site has hundreds of thousands of classified cables containing explosive revelations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am not sure whether to take this serious or not. On the one hand it could just be a publicity stunt to get more people to the website, but on the other hand it could be a genuine threat and so the best thing to do is go public! That way, if something does happen to him there is a good chance it was a hit.

I am still not convinced that Wikileaks does not disseminate disinformation with or without their knowledge. Only time will tell…

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Glad to find someone else skeptical on all of this and to be honest, with good reason.

I mean either way you look at this, you can't determine anything without a broad shadow of doubt. Yes, it's odd that this group is so public. On the other hand, being public acts as a safety measure. Yes, the government has said they planned to infiltrate and spread disinformation within the truth movement. But it's hard to say whether anything wikileaks has spread has been disinformation.

The only thing we have to go on is a former wikileaks member saying that it is a CIA front.

Sadly we must sit and wait this one out it seems.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The claims about the 250,000+ cables is as yet unsubstantiated and the only evidence we have for this is from the source who snitched on Manning by providing the transcript of their conversation. Why are we to trust one journalist on this when we haven't even heard from Manning since? I believe the whole case with Manning is just one giant smear campaign against Wikileaks, I don't believe Wikileaks is in possession of those cables since they have already claimed that they don't have them.

The U.S. has already made it clear, back in 2008, that they do not favor Wikileaks and will do anything to take it down. I do believe Julian's life is in danger, but I believe he's smart and he'll get around doing what hes meant to be doing.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I would be scared too. They probably got a cell waiting for him at Guantanamo Bay!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeBush
I would be scared too. They probably got a cell waiting for him at Guantanamo Bay!

That's funny.

You think if they consider him a threat they'll actually detain him.

Haha, you a funny guy.

He's going to trip and fall down some stairs right into a bullet.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have remained skeptical on wikileaks. Something just doesn't sit right with me, about the shadowy "service". However, I certainly haven't come to a sound conclusion.

As far as going public for security, I don't think that's much security at all. If he goes down, the world will be talking about it for all of two days until the next sports match, scandal or American Idol type TV show. If he is assassinated, nobody will really care past a day or so. Never, ever are governments held accountable for their actions, regardless of how horrendous those actions may be. If the US government kills this guy, there will be absolutely no repurcussions.

--airspoon

[edit on 18-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Id lay low too hes a prime candidate for microwave electronic harrassment.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If he was really ph33ring for his life he wouldn't want to

1. drive car
  2. sit next to a microwave
  3. eat or drink
  4. go on a plane
  5. own a cat
  6. shake someone's hand
  7. hire a prostitute
  8. to be continued

Hope they don't get the 9 Clans onto him because their ninja' will kill him 9 times before he hits the ground!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If he is truly in danger and holding those secret cables, then he should buy insurance.

1. Duplicate those cables copies, sealed in it envelopes and mail it to trusted friends he know, with instructions that should something happens to him direly, then those envelopes would be unsealed in the presence of the media, - msm, youtube, etc and everything revealed.

This will instead ensure he is protected for life. In his lifetime, such secrets will not be made known. We the public would have loved to know what is in those cables, but to sacrificed a human life is not the right way to go about it. Rather we don't know and find it out on our own.

Sooner or later, with or without wikileaks, secrets would have to be revealed, one way or another. No human with a conscience will have peace if he knows what he had done was wrong and had hurt someone intentionally, or worse, hurt humanity at large.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by SpectreDC

You think there going to off him just like that? No sir. they going to waterboard his a$$ until he gives up the goods. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "deam men tell no tales"?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

they will say it is a suicide

some people will talk about it, but most media will keep life like nothing happened

he needs to have an assurance ...

the problem is that the US can kill him in so many ways that it is hard ...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I would post it online and RUN my friend

really, I wouldnt wait for death to come ... at least post it online once and for all ... if you die, at least you did something before

sending to friends wont help ...

sending to russians and chinese may not help and they may sell u and information out for other things

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
He may or may not release what he has...but this is what you will hear about from the MSM.

Julian Assange, the Australian-born founder of the left wing site Wikileaks was found dead today inside his home. Initial reports say he committed suicide last night at around 3 AM. Law enforcement claims that there was a note found with his body but refuse to release it at this time.

After we hear that report we will go to wikileaks only to find that the information in it was heavily edited. Aside from local news in his hometown, we will never hear about it again.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Release - stuff - now .

So they won't have any reason to kill him because it will be "too late".

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ickylevel]

top topics

join