It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Why Top Kill And Every Other "Top-Down" Leak Operation Will Fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Here's Why Top Kill And Every Other "Top-Down" Leak Operation Will Fail

www.businessinsider.com

First of all...set aside all your thoughts of plugging the well and stopping it from blowing out oil using any method from the top down. Plugs, big valves to just shut it off, pinching the pipe closed, installing a new bop or lmrp, shooting any epoxy in it, top kills with mud etc etc etc....forget that, it won't be happening..it's done and over. In fact actually opening up the well at the subsea source and allowing it to gush more is not only exactly what has happened, it was probably necessary, or so they think anyway.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
My Brother forwarded this very interesting article to me. I believe we are in a much deeper mess than anyone in the public really knows. In fact most of what is going on and what eventually will happen is unknown even by officials. Unless of course as other threads have mentioned this is a "plan". I don't know about that and just thought this might be the place for a discussion on the article. I frequently read what's happening here on ATS and this is my first post. I hope it is worthy and gets posted if it has not already. Take care all...

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
star + flag for you

For those who don't want to take the time to read the lengthy article (which you should, by the way. if not now, make time later), it basically says that the spill is MUCH worse than we're being told; not necessarily in volume of oil being realeased, but in contain-ability. He basically outlines how the structure of the well is slowly failing, and how it's more or less basically a race between those drilling relief wells (now the only option presented) and the eventual total collapse of the well, which would make the leak entirely out of control.

If this is accurate, and i see no reason to doubt it, then we're in for some rough times ahead.

new topics

join