It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother jailed over WWII 'family heirloom' pistol (five years..)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

A question that needs answering is: Why was the gun hidden under a mattress? If I had a family heirloom like that, I would have it in a display case or on the wall. Not hidden under a mattress.

Maybe because there's kids going in her home, she doesn't want one to shoot themselves accidentally... or if she gets robbed, she doesn't want to have this family treasure stolen... or she could protect herself...

All of you against guns are just brainwashed nancies.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Looks like Scotland and Great Britain learned a valuable lesson from having their collective asses handed to them back in the 1770's.

Of what relevance is that snide comment?

Keep the population disarmed, and have stiff sentences for those who possess firearms that can be used to defend themselves from a Totalitarian State.

British gun law did not change until the late 60s - rather a long time after 1776 for the comment to be germane.

Harsh, yes indeed, but IT"S YOUR LAW....

And you will have the same soon, despite your protestations and weeping and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
this story makes me feel like this.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The gun laws in this country are a joke and they serve no purpose to the general public, aside from keeping only hardcore criminals armed.

It was an heirloom. If I had something like that from WW2, I'd be reluctant to hand it over to be destroyed. Why? It's obviously not being used. There is no victim here apart from the woman who had the gun and the ridiculous penalties set aside for her. Our laws need an overhaul of the "get real" variety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join