It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night/Day Anomoly UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
what you are seeing is in fact clear blue sky located further up north. The earth is tilted at its axis so the shadow is not a true north south shadow. The shadow is tilted at an angle and as the Earth rotates depending on the season parts of the northern hemisphere have longer daylight and no nights at all(ever heard of the Midnight Sun ?) For instance Iceland is still daylight at 2.22am.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by loner007]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

It makes sense now. I've never had a clear view of the north sky till I moved to where I live now and it's really quite bright in the summer at night.
Took these pics Friday night at about 5 to midnight.

This is the south.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88b512879020.jpg[/atsimg]

And this is the north
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b5fcf7f329b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I've not read the whole thread but has any one mentioned very high altitude cloud / atmospheric conditions?

It wouldn't be impossible for say hanging ice crystals high up to be reflecting sunlight either back up from sunlit parts or refracting it, something like that...

That weather condition could be localised to your north so that the northern sky looks bright and the eastern sky normal. - Is this just today (or whenever) or is it a trend?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I woke up at about 2-3 am two nights ago and the sky was really cloudy and was a dark-orange colour. The street lights are orange but surely they can't light the whole sky up like that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

That's light pollution for you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join