It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars of the MIB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why is it that the MIB always drive vintage cars? Has this been posted before? I know in the two experiences i've had with them, the cars were a 63 lincoln continental (first time) and a 63 or 64 Buick Riviera (second time). Are they just intergalactic car guys??? I don't know, Maybe this sounds stupid, but it's late, and i'm curious.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Probably because modern cars are mostly 'drive by wire' and rely heavily on microchips to keep 'em going.

Vintage cars with simple control mechanisms (cable for throttle, no electronic gear shifting etc) would more readily survive an EMP pulse that would undoubtably stop any modern vehicle.

Or to keep the hypothesis in line with the UFO theme, less likely to be influenced by alien tech...

Just my opinion...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fieldfly

i can see that, never thought of it that way, makes sense that's for sure, i mean, that's part of the reason why i don't drive newer cars

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
OP I think your talking about reports of the well dressed people that used to show up after a UFO sighting/incident, if so, these reports are from the 1950's onwards. Therefore, their cars are what we call 'vintage' now.

Can you provide anymore details as to where you seen or heard of M.I.B (possible group linked to government in order to establish more information about a particluar sighting) driving around recently in vintage cars.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I've a bit of an affinity for the solid nature of 1970's tech in some instances.

Maybe this era just encapsulates the desired tech of the MIB?

Kind of like how most information stored on mass media from that day and age probably couldn't survive going through the Van Allen belt.

Planetary security right there with regards to intel transference off world.

Different breed of visitors back then I guess. If it ain't broke, don't fix it kinda ethos.

MIB = sweet rides.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

only from personal experience after i met someone who seemed to be from "somewhere else" the next couple of weeks i was harraseed by a black lincoln once, then by a black buick 2 more times, the last time resulting in a very near mishap on the highway at over 100mph... i know sounds like the same old MIB cliche but it happened...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Maybe the MIB like to ride in style?

Seriously though, we need more MIB information around here. This is one subject that im interesting in, yet do not know a lot about.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Why didn't you think about carjacking their rides? Wasted oppertunity.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

The only reason I can imagine to avoid performing a Grand Theft offence on what amounts to a government agent, is the probablitity that you get sent home in a body bag, or worse you just straight up dissapear.
I mean what the hell would posses you to even try that? Theres a big difference between recording some UFO footage , and doing your damnedest to disperse the info via the web, and going out and giving a government agent a really superb reason to kill you dead on the spot !

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Some could most definately argue that there ain't no car produced that can ever top good old American steel.

GM's from the 60's - 90's are still some of the most reliable cars in the world. Built during an era where cars were done right and not half arsed like nowadays.

Plus these cars are cheap to run, maintain, modify, insure.

I'm surpised that you weren't deneuralyzed as per MIB protocol.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

join