It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed forces with M-16s down the street from me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'll be driving by a local refinery in VA tomorrow, I'll be on the lookout.

A simple reporting thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Yes, it's the oil refinery right next to the port. On a street called Gaffey.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by packinupngoin

Yes, it's the oil refinery right next to the port. On a street called Gaffey.

Could it be that Obama, expecting mass retaliation against oil companies, has ordered certain military factions to stand guard by oil refineries as a means of security?

Just a far out theory.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great job on getting pictures! So many threads like this die a death without the proof

As for the actual story......interesting and scary. Could be anything from a harmless drill to something extremely sinister. I certainly think you should dig deeper. Maybe contact your local paper/news station to see if they know anything? Maybe even contact your local "political representative" and demand to know why there are armed troops wandering around

Good luck and keep us posted!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay, added the video to the OP.

Ex

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wonder how much oil BP is gathering for production
from this entire fiasco!

Thanx for the pics...very interesting!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by Aziroth
Those images don't look like a threat, more like a quickly made ORI station. Basically the entire military is on an ORI right now so this could correspond with that, however I do see the weapons and the major vehicles. Not a permanent station I would have to know more about the location, is it a base? What was it before these troops showed up?

It's a place that is stationed for 'transport' but for trucks which take cargo from the port.

There have NEVER been troops stationed there. And not with M-16s around their shoulders. This is not a usual event. And you have to see the whole site. there are soldiers at key points hiding under trees and netting, talking on radios, walking around the perimeter.

I couldn't catch them in the photos while driving, but they are there.

This was a few days ago?, during the weekend?.. eh, FWIW Marine Reserves drill in LB / San Pedro at various Navy buildings sometimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Are there any FEMA camps or stacks of black plastic coffins near where the military are currently located in your area?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just had a look on Bing Maps and that is one seriously large refinery! Makes me wonder if there has been some sort of threat to that location. And yeah, with the whole situation in the Gulf of Mexico, it makes you wonder...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How did you post those pics? I have two jpegs on my desktop, and I want to start a new thread with them. I can't get it done!

Nice pics btw! Thanks for producing, the only good thing I see is the US Property sign. At least it doesnt say UN or DHS!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

This has been all week long. I just got the pics and video today.

I have no clue what this is and I'm not going to speculate.

All I know is that I've never seen it here, and I've never seen troops in plain site with M-16s around their shoulders with their hands on the grip walking around.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
First i would like to thank you for taking the time to go and take those pictures and apologise if i came across as anything more then skeptical. second i am still dubious as to whether this is something nefarious or not,but it does seem strange.

Hats off to you for not just bringing another half assed Doom and gloom fema thread, as well as following through with your promise!

Knowing the brilliant and analytical minds that lurk throughout this site im sure that a "explanation" for this will come to light.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Funny you should mention that...I just to talked to some family in Southeast Texas and she was telling me that a refinery in Port Arthur TX has had several threats made against it lately. The refinery is called Total, i believe, i asked if there was any guards like in this article but she wasn't sure. I will be calling other family members to see if they have seen or heard anything.

Cheers!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

If it was me I really would just act a dumbass and go up and ask them what they are doing. It would make things very simple.

1. they tell you , it makes sense, nothing to worry about

2. they can't discuss. then you know there might be something interesting going on.

I agree. It's not like they are going to shoot you on sight. If you just go up acting like your some military buff and stroke their egos by praising their service (NOT saying their service is commendable, only that they probably love to hear it from time to time and will open them up a little), and ask a seemingly innocent question like, " what are you guys holed up here for, I noticed you just set up shop?", they are either going to tell you or tell you to scram, like JohnnySeagull said.

Then we can either try to determine if their explanation is plausible enough or try to dream up all the insideous things they are doing there if they refuse to say.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Just postulating here -

Anger about the oil disaster is very high.

People who are not necessarily of reasonable sensitivities are very angry at the oil industry.

Some who fit into the category of mentally unstable are ready to do anything they can to anything related to oil.

Entire groups like Greenpeace have pulled insane stunts in the past. Like when Greenpeace tried to sink a ship carrying plutonium and told the terrorists where it was. Earth First though may be the most insane and militant of the bunch.

Maybe, just maybe, it is to protect against the inevitable? I'd be shocked if security around the oil industry were not at an extreme high.

Some of these people are not very bright to begin with. They have had some vandalize BP Stations as if BP owned them. Too illiterate to know that the stations are owned by local individuals and they are hurting innocent people. I don't think some even care.

I'd expect to see this around all oil facilities for a while. I know we have had a naval presence near Valdez since 2001.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

If it was me I really would just act a dumbass and go up and ask them what they are doing. It would make things very simple.

That is the time honored method. Always worked for me. My Wife kind of cringes in the car sometimes though. Never got me in trouble. It's sneaking around that bothers people.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

When I visited DC, there were snipers everywhere and men with guns, big guns, in lots of places. In NYC it's common to see a soldier-police every here and there.

I fail to see the importance. It's normal to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I've got an idea to get more (better) video. Have a buddy of yours drive you near the location or a little past it. Jump out, and get on the side of the road closest to the "base" and proceed to walk. Get on your cell phone with the video recorder on and act like you are talking on the phone with the camera facing the base. Act like your having a conversation on the phone about your car being broken down the road. This way you could be extra close and you could even stop for a second if you wanted. Act it up! continue to walk and have your friend pick you up. For an extra touch you could even leave your car parked down towards where you are walking. THanks for taking the pictures & vdeo so far, all of us here at ATS really appreciate it!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This wreaks of an ARMY reserve 2 week drill. It's also around the appropriate time of year for such an event.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by M0n0lyth

I was just going to post the same thing. It's summer. It's National Guard training time. These are just people putting in their two weeks. I bet that's exactly what they'd tell you if you asked, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join