It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North, South Korea to address U.N. over ship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

North, South Korea to address U.N. over ship sinking

thestar.com.my

SEOUL (Reuters) - North and South Korea will address the U.N. Security Council separately on Monday over the deadly sinking of a South Korean naval ship in March that has raised tension on the Korean peninsula, an official said on Monday.

South Korea had been expected to brief the Security Council some time this week on an international investigation into the sinking of the corvette Cheonan on March 26 that killed 46 sailors. Seoul has accused North Korea of torpedoing the ship.

North Korea, which denies responsibility and accuses the South of fabricating the attack, asked Mexico's Clau
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
N. Korea vows to blow up South propaganda facilities
NKorea Warns UN not to Discuss Warship Sinking

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
While I have been disappointed with the performance of the UN for quite a while, this situation is one that should be handled by the UN.

It's good to hear that both North & South Korea will be able to address the security council with their take on the incident that has both on the brink of war.

If both sides are really concerned with keeping the fragile peace, both sides should be coming to the table with peace as the ultimate goal.

My only wish for them is that one day the North and South and reunite and become one Korea, they have been split for far too long, and the cold war that helped create that split has been over for years, why are the Korean citizens still paying the price?

thestar.com.my
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Is it typical for North Korea to deny something like this? In most cases of military aggression, the instigator makes itself known. Whether as a political stunt, or territorial, usually the only way to make an act like this have any kind of effect is to let your victim know who you are and what you want. Keeping oneself hidden only serves to invite isolation and condemnation.

I highly doubt that North Korea accidentally thought the S. Korean ship was in their territory, sunk it, but then later realized it was in international waters. What's really going on here, do you think? If one intended to frame N. Korea, it would be a simple task to leave incriminating evidence, like Korean language on a torpedo fragment.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
It's good to hear that both North & South Korea will be able to address the security council with their take on the incident that has both on the brink of war.

Well it is the end of the road and the only this way was going to end up .

If both sides are really concerned with keeping the fragile peace, both sides should be coming to the table with peace as the ultimate goal.

North Korea can't afford " peace" because it relies on blackmail to get aid from the US .

My only wish for them is that one day the North and South and reunite and become one Korea, they have been split for far too long, and the cold war that helped create that split has been over for years, why are the Korean citizens still paying the price?

You know its doubtful if South Korea wants to foot the bill or the effects of reunification .

All that is left is to remember the thirty seven dead sailors now that the political events have all but taken there course .

There are no flowers on a sailor's tomb,

No welcome home from Flatholm's loom;

Remember those in Neptune's deep,

On granite symbol for souls asleep.

Full Verse

As a note to the reader from what I have read in the past a song with line or entitled No roses on a sailors grave was sang by German Sailors after the Scharnhorst was sunk . I don't know if what the German sailors bears any relation to what I posted here .

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

[star trek ref] Dammit Jim!
[/star trek ref]

Why ruin my hopes by presenting facts!

You are right, and I know that, it just pains me to know that families are still separated by a War from a long gone era.

edit on by JacKatMtn because: in case I am the only one who gets the Scotty reference

join