It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil washes ashore in Alabama (Pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The lining of the oil along the beaches are 4-6 inches thick, you can see the so called 'BP' cleaners doing their PR stunt for the camera's and its also the first time for Obama to visit Alabama.

Just look at the state of that incoming wave!

It's a shame to see a nice white sandy beach lined with raw oil and other chemicals. I can't bear to imagine what it be like after hurricane season.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Its clear that the first line of defence to clean it up at sea has failed and lets be honest they had plenty of time to deal with this before it hit the beach.

instead of a having a million censors worker the US can not have a million clean up workers but whats the point of cleaning up now on the beach when the next tide will just bring more in apart from keep the jobs figures up.

i'm finding it hard to beleive that oil is made from old forests and dead animals when it's found 40,000ft below the surface of the earth and presure is trying to push it up at 20-80,000 psi

i bet the queues for the rides at disney world are under two hours long now all this has kicked off.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster
instead of a having a million censors worker the US can not have a million clean up workers but whats the point of cleaning up now on the beach when the next tide will just bring more in apart from keep the jobs figures up.

The goverment know this, but it would look bad on them if it didn't 'appear' to look like a clean up operation was underway. People on ATS arn't fooled by pictures like these with people supposedly cleaning the beaches but the ATS community is the minority of not beleiving this act, the majority fill more settled by pictures like these which is what the goverment hope for, the majority's favour.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just give a middle finger to a BP representative next time you see one.

That is just messed up!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seeing that wave makes me think of a completely alien world in some crazy Sci-Fi novel.

Not supposed to happen here.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I completely agree. In my opinion off shore drilling shouldn't even be allowed.(But in my opinion oil shouldn't be a primary energy souce at all. This woulndn't happen it we had water powered cars! lol) This oil in our cars pollutes our air and we have already seen its affects on our enviroment, plus we've had oil spills in the past. Why is it that if we make a mistake once we can't seem to learn from it? It's not like oil's our only source to fuel cars! I hope that maybe at least the USA will realize we need a new fuel source now. This kind of thing can't keep happening. Our pollution of this planet(OUR HOME!!!) just gets worse and worse! If we keep this up one day we will be living on a completely alien-like looking planet from some sci-fi novel.

top topics

join