It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spills Into Salt Lake City Creek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Oil Spills Into Salt Lake City Creek

www.nytimes.com

ALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A leaked pipeline sent oil spilling into a Salt Lake City creek, coating geese and ducks and closing a park, officials said Saturday as they started a cleanup effort expected to last weeks.

At least 400 to 500 barrels of oil spewed into Red Butte Creek before crews capped the leak site. Nearly 50 gallons of crude oil per minute initially had spilled into the creek, according to Scott Freitag, a Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.9and10news.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
another oil-related incident?

nearly 500 barrels of oil flowed into Red Butte Creek before they got the leak capped - but the oil is spilling into a pond at Liberty park and already there are reports of dead fish!

evidently, Chevron is the responsible party on this one and will be receiving some sort of violation notice - whatever that means.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b077e952702.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice.

You pay for oil but look, it's all around you

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Does anyone else just feel as though this is all just to connected? Pretty weird for sure, to coincidental.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I live one block from Liberty Park...but I heard it first only here on ATS!
Wow...

There's a nice artesian well a block from the park...many locals (me too) are devotees of its water, some people drive for miles to fill up their jugs with its water...I wonder if the evil oil will contaminate the nice artesian well water...

[edit on 13-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Already a thread about it...

Utah pipeline break fouls geese, ducks.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Looks like a divine chastisement shaping up for the States. You wanted oil at the cost of human lives so, here... you got oil. Drink it up.

I hope these events will make it easier for USAmericans to rise up and cast off the fascist corporatists and multi-national corporations who own and control the government of the fair people of the USA.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

If I was being divinely chastised I would already be dead...I wouldn't be getting off this easy...or leprosy, maybe...

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I personally believe is.. and maybe I'm crazy. But with the gulf and now this (which may not be a "spill") all those tar and oil pits back when the dinosaurs were around is coming back around. The earth is bound to going back (imo).

new topics

top topics

join