It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can begin with saying that I am not a hardcore UFO believer, but from all the reports I've read and seen, there is something into it. Anyways, being the skeptic I am, I have to ask some questions and see what you all think about it.

1. When Jessie Marcel was ordered to collect the material found on Mac Brazels farm, he apparently brought some (or all?) of it to his own house. In the middle of the night, he apparently awoke his son and showed the pieces he found. The question is, why didn't Marcell keep at least one piece? Would the military really account for all of them?

2. Out of all the alleged UFO abductions, how come no one has brought back any kind of object from the abduction?

3. Most of the UFO cases, sightings, have been "debunked" to be balloons, natural phenomenon, swamp gas (couldn't resist), planes etc. Some are even hoaxes. How come none of the sightings have reocurred the same way?

I'll probably post some more questions in the future. Meanwhile, we can discuss these.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
1. Well, I'm sure if Marcel did keep some of the material, he could never mention it to anybody due to the simple fact that it would be immediately confiscated if the Roswell event was an alien craft crash and our governments are covering it up. Though at the time of the Roswell incident, Marcel was a dutiful soldier and likely would not have done such a thing.

2. Several cases of abductions have involved implants and odd scratches/scoop marks on the victim's body. If the implants that we have seen are actual alien artifacts, then that certainly is physical proof of abductions. However, for the most part, examinations of alleged implants haven't produced much useful information. One case in particular involving the man named Stan Romanek had some good physical evidence after abduction besides scoop mark injuries. He had some weird material in his hand. Which again didn't prove to be of much use for physical evidence, but mostly because the substance could not be identified. Last time I checked, the website that displayed this material was offline.

I must also add that when humans abduct other humans, for the most part, the victim never brings anything back either. At least if they ever show back up again.

3. I don't understand the question. Many similar sightings have occurred. The NUFORC.org database is full of extremely similar UFO reports. Of course they won't ever be exactly the same because time and location are different for each.

An oldie, but goodie same-day UFO event happened with the 1964 Zamora and Wilcox incidents. April 24 1964 both Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox sighted the exact same UFO at different times and places. In both cases, little beings were collecting plant samples. The major difference between the two sightings is that Wilcox claims to have actually spoken at length with the beings whereas Zamora just saw them.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Err 2.. didn't roswell supposedly bring something back, but I know what you mean none of the alleged objects that were found were actually brought to public light

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Replies:

1. It's really strange. It's the discovery of a lifetime, and he doesn't keep not one piece. I mean, you have the proof of life in your hand, and you turn away from it because of a duty?

2. I still find this strange. Where is the piece Romanek had now? Any photos? Has he described the substance? Etc.

3. Think about this later...

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX84
Replies:

1. It's really strange. It's the discovery of a lifetime, and he doesn't keep not one piece. I mean, you have the proof of life in your hand, and you turn away from it because of a duty?

You have to remember the time period, This was when the cold war started, he probably thought that it was part of a soviet spacecraft!/ and this is a time period where aliens, and ufos were not know to the public!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Replies:

Seems to be the case even today. Though as a few Roswell witnesses said, they were threatened with their lives if they didn't keep their mouths shut. I suspect not only was Marcel a dutiful soldier, he was also given the threat of death speech too. That most likely would have kept Marcel very compliant with the rules at that time.

2. I still find this strange. Where is the piece Romanek had now? Any photos? Has he described the substance? Etc.

Web archive.org kept a copy of the page online, so you can still see it. Though I do wish people who are interested in UFOs/ETs look for information themselves. If there is one thing about this subject, only other people who are publicly interested would be willing to present you with any extra info.

www.neilslade.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

[edit on 12-6-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

3. Most of the UFO cases, sightings, have been "debunked" to be balloons, natural phenomenon, swamp gas (couldn't resist), planes etc. Some are even hoaxes. How come none of the sightings have reocurred the same way?

People perceive things differently.

A couple of students staged a fake robbery at a bus depot. The lady went and got a ticket while her friend reached into her purse and pulled out a radio and ran for it. The next day eyewitnesses described the way the radio looked to them in great detail. The problem was, there was no radio, he had reached into her purse and pulled out nothing.
Time will do that to you, if you don't report it right away, you will accidently change some of what you saw unintentionally

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Okay, let's continue with the questions.

So, Marcell kept the pieces because he thought he did a service to his country. He couldn't talk about it, because he could end up in jail, or in the electric chair etc.

Question 4: Why did the witnesses talk about it now? Why doesn't the government shut them up as well?

More: The witnesses started to talk 30 years after the event. Why didn't they take notes in 1947, ensuring what they saw/heard.

Moving a little further in time, and we get to the Betty/Barney Hill abuctions.
I've heard that after the abduction, the Hills' had strange marks on their car.

Question 5: Why didn't they examine them? Photos?

Question 6: How come they didn't say anything in, what, 4 years? Only a few weeks after the sci-fi program "Outer Limit" (or whatever it was called), which had aliens in it, did the Hills' talk. Strange, anyone?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I can begin with saying that I am not a hardcore UFO believer, but from all the reports I've read and seen, there is something into it. Anyways, being the skeptic I am, I have to ask some questions and see what you all think about it.

Same here. You're not alone in that opinion. I don't go for all aliens and ting, but from the reports i have seen, we can't really deny that something is happening in the skies.

Yes most cases are explained. There are the significant few that defy explanation though. Many sitings do reccur the same way - flying triangles, flying saucers, cigars etc. all have many reports to them.
For me, its the sightings that don't appear to adhere to any of the common perceptions of ufos which hold the most weight.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by minimi]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes, indeed. I'd say that I believe more in filmed footage, than photos, because it does take time to make a movie, and it the hoaxers must usually spend money on their hoax. But I don't say that all movies of UFOs are real. Becuase we know how the Alien Autopsy flick went.

new topics

top topics

join