It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for rescuing drowning girl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Could go to their website and file a "File a Cold Criminal Report" against the sheriff lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
wow sometimes this country really disappoints me. the girl could have gotten hypothermia or been sucked back into the river

this is basically saying, law enforcement owns everything what they say goes and that we should all be lazy sheep and let people die because they say so

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Hulk Hogan]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

I would advise against that. If they're filing charges against a good person with good intentions that did something right, filling out that form with anything other than what it was intended for could get you the same type of charges or filing a false report.

You don't want charges in Colorado. They have some sick cannibalistic demons running their prison system where they engage in human torture.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I gave my two cents worth by writing to the County Chairman, the Sheriff and some media folks...letting them know that this story has gone viral, and that they now look like small minded buffoons to the entire world.

I did also mention that the sentiment online is...um, about 100% going against the Sheriff on this one.

It won't mean much maybe...but since this seems to be all about ego, maybe they will want to do some damage control by letting Mr. Snodgrass off the hook pronto-like.

Or...maybe not. They have the cuffs and the bars.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons why I never stop to help people at car accidents, before the cops have arrived at the scene.

Best leave helping the injured and wounded to those who know whats best.

I see a lot of accidents (Not fender benders) too. Maybe one a month before the cops arrive. If it's you, good luck, I'll pray for you.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

And here is the proof of the affect such thinking (the Sheriff's) has on our society, and our values.

A great many people, as you report, will now just walk/drive on by another human being in mortal jeopardy...just to avoid some personal entanglement or discomfort. It's sad really.

A few years back, I came upon a car upside down in a corn field with its wheels still spinning. I stopped, jumped out of the car and started to run toward the accident scene.

I looked back and saw my brother-in-law glued to his seat. He refused to get out to lend a hand. I lost all respect for the man on that day.

I pray to God that if I am every in a life-threatening situation, someone with old-fashioned morals and a pinch of bravery comes along...and not some coward with lawsuits-on-the-brain.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale

I pray to God that if I am every in a life-threatening situation, someone with old-fashioned morals and a pinch of bravery comes along...and not some coward with lawsuits-on-the-brain.

It's not fear, it's laziness and apathy really.

Saving lives is someone elses job.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Hi Freedom:

Well, you get full marks for honesty.

So, I will add the apathetic and the entirely self-absorbed to my list of people I hope are not first on the scene of my hypothetical future life or death situation.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
it wouldend surprice me that the boy wil be convicted and spend a long time in jail...
only becouse saving the system....

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is the state law on obstructing governmental operations:

18-8-102. Obstructing government operations.

(1) A person commits obstructing government operations if he intentionally obstructs, impairs, or hinders the performance of a governmental function by a public servant, by using or threatening to use violence, force, or physical interference or obstacle.

(2) It shall be an affirmative defense that:

(a) The obstruction, impairment, or hindrance was of unlawful action by a public servant; or

(b) The obstruction, impairment, or hindrance was of the making of an arrest; or

(c) The obstruction, impairment, or hindrance of a governmental function was by lawful activities in connection with a labor dispute with the government.

(3) Obstructing government operations is a class 3 misdemeanor.

Source: L. 71: R&RE, p. 453, § 1. C.R.S. 1963: § 40-8-102. L. 73: p. 538, § 5.

The only reason then I can see for the arrest would be considered physical interference. However, I read physical interference as standing in the way of, or otherwise physically blocking an act from being performed.

The only way he "interfered" was by removing the girl from the water before the official rescue team did.

The police are acknowledging he did have a duty to act, but because he had lost sight of her his duty was no longer there. However, regaining sight of her before a rescue was in place and still realizing she was in imminent danger I just can't see how that could still be defined as not having a duty to act. She was in his environment, and she was a customer of his.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is sheer idiocy on the part of the sheriff .

I don't care if the guy would have been un-trained , overweight , drunk , mentally retarded , or high on weed .

He saved the life of another . Case closed .

They would have to arrest me too . If I see someone in danger , I'm not about to stop and wait for the government to prepare their rescue toys .

If I die in the process , so be it ., at least I tried . I'm good with that .

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by okbmd

I would have been arrested as well.

Looks like the cops are upset because they got shown up. Maybe afraid that they might lose their river rescue funding.

Pathetic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I read a post yesterday that said .... insane is the new sane.

What is going on here in the Unites States?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

He is going to get so much praise when he gets out of jail. He can put that down on his resume. He is a fine example of what most young men should strive to be: a free-thinker and leader.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just sent an email to the sheriff's department asking for them to drop the charges against this man. Also to give him a hero's handshake among other things.

I think if he hesitated and the girl drowned, he would have never been able to forgive himself for not at least trying to help her. He did the brave thing and he is a hero.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well done to the guy who rescued the girl!
He is one of the dying breed of people who still have not had their common sense and decency destroyed by the government,media,and food additives IMO.
The story reminds me of one I read in the UK a while back,where the cops would NOT go in the water to rescue a drowning child because of health and safety or some such garbage.

I like to think I still posess some common sense,and would disregard many laws which I would usually abide by,If doing so meant saving someones life.

I have in the past broken speed limit laws,in order to rush someone to hospital for example.
I would do it again,even If it meant I would get my licence suspended.
I find it hard to imagine someone trying to stand by on the sidelines when swift action could help someone in need.

In situations like that-screw the red tape/laws-just do what has to be done IMO.

Well done to that guy!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
wow sometimes this country really disappoints me. the girl could have gotten hypothermia or been sucked back into the river

this is basically saying, law enforcement owns everything what they say goes and that we should all be lazy sheep and let people die because they say so

Thats exactly what they want. They don't want us thinking, just reacting.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I want to jump in a river, there should be no one who say's I can't. It's my river too, despite what might be written on paper.

If I want to put myself in harm's way, there should be no one who tells me I'm not allowed. People make decisions every day, some of them life or death.
I didn't see that NYC subway guy get arrested for jumping on the tracks and rescuing someone... but I'm sure its illegal to jump on the tracks...

They would need a lot to take me in if I just did what this guy did. Punches would be thrown, headlines would be made, and maybe more people will catch on.

The cops are just people, its our job to put them in place if need be. They serve us.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They make us avoid human contact, and no longer help each other when in dire need. They will basically take away our humanity, make us oblivious to other peoples suffering. Then once the population is mindless zombies who stare blankly at each others needs. They come in and start doing what they please with the lumps of human flesh we all become.

The guy save a girl who was already declared dead ( the little part about it not being their rescue operation anymore.) So this guy sees the girl, jumps in and saves her. The operation was already ended before it technically began. By the time they got to the car the guide probably had the girl and was swimming to shore. The sheriff probably didn't want to get wet and got mad when some water splashed on him when they helped the girl out of the water.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
lol whatever charges they have against will not hold in court. though the guy is being a hero and all but it doesn't change the fact there was somebody who could possibly die and he stopped it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join