It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Years after the Gulf of Mexico was turned into a dead zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Will researchers and others will comb through these ATS posts?

What will they think of us?

Who will be regarded as the most insightful ATS members?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Good thread and something to think about! We really cant even begin to know what it will be like 100 years from now....but I would imagine this is followed by evacuations, economic collapse, and food shortage...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Are you kidding? I have problems finding threads from 3 years ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Are you kidding? I have problems finding threads from 3 years ago.

Many year ago, I viewed some science channel show talked about how the NSA ordered AT&T to let the government tap into the telecom data stream. This show talked about how they used a splitter to mirror that traffic into NSA high-compression data archives. These archives captures all data relayed through telecom switches. Now while that data is not accessible to the public today, there is a very good chance that researchers and historians 100 years from now will be granted access to it.

Some may argue that such a data stream is not the ATS database; and you would be correct. However, software could be developed to re-build historical databases from this data stream. In theory, every communication on the net could be stored somewhere indefinitely.

For those who do not know: all cell phone traffic, and all non-satellite direct internet communication is routed into the telecom network.

new topics

top topics

join