It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice things - maybe this is the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I was thinking about things which happen, a lot of which are not nice, and then I thought...what about if people always think about nice things?

Because thinking about nice things registers in your brain.

Then you feel better, and everyone feels better - so think about nice things! If that is aliens arriving - great!

If it is about your family - great! (not likely)

If it is about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...great!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I was thinking about things which happen, a lot of which are not nice, and then I thought...what about if people always think about nice things?

Because thinking about nice things registers in your brain.

Then you feel better, and everyone feels better - so think about nice things! If that is aliens arriving - great!

If it is about your family - great! (not likely)

If it is about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...great!

So start act like a paragon, help people and at least start to help make this fuc*** up place a paradise, what it can be! You saw the light man!

Big fat lovely hug from me to you! And to all of You!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Hey, thank you, and a hug to you.

Let people give money to those who need it and let people give love to those who need it, and let people care about humanity, their brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Hey, thank you, and a hug to you.

Let people give money to those who need it and let people give love to those who need it, and let people care about humanity, their brothers and sisters.

Let it flow! And you will see, the more you help and "decenter" your self, the energy will come back to you. It's like angels are flying around you, help you, give you self-assurance. And the best, if you act good, absolute nothing bad can happen to you, you will be sheltered from the good itself.

I know what I am speaking about. Most people are in the shadow, and have fear to walk into the light. There is no need of religion to realize love is the power. So lets spread out good feelings over this board, let us give them what they need: appreciation, comprehension and insight. Let's make compliments - give positive energy.

And many thanks for opening this thread!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I believe that a lot of people are happy to be in the negative.

It is difficult to convince people.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

It is difficult to convince people.

This is a very sad fact, probably this thread will die very fast. Many People fear the light, also here on ATS. It's possible our thought make them sad, or they ignore the throe realization. Most of us are guilty, because we know, we don't act good. Don't be sad if nobody will react on this thread. You are on the right way, - We have to open our hearth, relearn empathy. Only less time left...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Thank you for being on my wave length.

Love, kisses and hugs to you.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What a great thread! Thanks for posting it.

Sometimes, it seems, people may feel that it is pointless to think of good in times like these, but it's more essential than ever.

After all, one's ideas about good can change depending on the situation. Today my loaf of bread may be just a loaf of bread, but the same loaf can mean everything to me when it's all the food I have.

Now it is more than just a loaf, but life itself.

In the troubling times we find ourselves experiencing, on personal, national, and even global levels, finding out what is really good is difficult, but not impossible.

If religion teaches people to think of better things, to learn more love in their lives, great.

If it inhibits, then there must be another way, like science, for me personally. Simple logistics led me to believe that love and at least some altruism must triumph for physical society to have any strength or credibility.

Altruism is an intrinsic part of humanity, one that is bullied by the lesser, baser instincts of some powerful people.

But surely 1 million positive, kindly, selfless acts, no matter how "small," can offer a powerful resistance against other, more isolated acts of greed or narcissism.

Doing good is free if your heart and mind have plenty to spare. This can happen best if dwelling on good things is a habit.

Starts inside, and flows from there. I really couldn't agree more.

ATS has been full of exciting and provocative threads lately, but this one is the most relevant of all of them, and indeed, this approach can help us to handle most of the terrible news fed to us at the speed of light.

Personally, when I want to do some good, but don't know exactly what or how, prayer helps me to see the good I can do, and stokes up the courage I need to do those things, without worrying about how little or how much they may accomplish.

One of the things I am thankful for is the ability to keep seeing ways to do some good that matters, and I see them more, and want to do them more, when I am filled with His love, and renewed in it when I am discouraged.

Look into the eyes of those you help. There may be more there than just gratitude.

They may give you what you need as well.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Thanks, Copper, and I want to say this to terrorists:

Life is sacred, do not take it.''If you think you will go to a paradise, when you have killed...forget that idea, you will go straight to hell and suffering forever." And that is the truth.

It is in the Book of Life.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What is nice for one, may be mean to some. The essential flaw in your entire 'plan' (not very well thought out, as it is) is that different cultures and religions, societies and individuals have different notions of what it is to be nice. Sure it sounds simple to say 'hey everybody be nice, give money to those who need it, spread love, kittens and roses!'

and as someone who has tried to be nice all my life, I can tell you, those who need money, need it for a reason, and they WILL get it, whether it's off of you, or not. I have given hundreds of dollars to homeless people and have got nothing to show for it, except once this old chinese crackhead lady whom I gave 20 dollars for gave me a cigarette....a black market cigarette no less. I don't have that anymore.

And, really, go ahead and tell that to a suicide bomber. See the reaction you get. These people genuinely believe that they are acting for the betterment of mankind.

Another ridiculous flaw in your not very well thought out 'plan' is that, you limit being nice to people, but then disregard all of nature. Being nice to people is, indeed, to disregard nature. If you wanted to truly be nice, to every being, you would leave them well alone, and let them live their life, and let them end up to where it is that they would end up without your intervention. THAT is niceness, in my eyes. Of course, you might have a different view on niceness, and that's fine. But again, everyone has different values, and therefore, being 'nice' to a terrorist may indeed be to rid mankind of their enemy. That is their value of nice, and if you change it, you are being the opposite of nice... because the only way to change their attitude is to do so by force. That is not being nice.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Locus, I do not believe it is a plan.

By definition, it is impossible to ask a suicide bomber ANYTHING.

The first thing to disappear in an ongoing crisis like famine, plague, etc. is altruism.

The first thing to appear in a disaster like a flood or fire is altruism.

It is not a plan, it is a principle we should hold on to for as long as possible.

Even animals practice altruism in a way sometimes. Seen the videos of animals defending other animals from attacks?

What explanation, what plan are they following?

Finally, I believe the OP said that religion is not necessary. You are arguing with someone who thinks the same thing as you!

Come on. If people want to be nicer, how can you complain?

lol

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am not necessarily arguing, I'm just defending an important part of human nature.

One cannot expect to be kind, if kindness is not given in return. Very few people in my life have actually repaid me in kindness that I have offered to them. Human nature is such that, when something is re-enforced positively, a kind act with a kind act, one is more likely to be kind again. Likewise, if a mean, violent act is received with fear and submission, one is more likely to be mean again.

Unfortunately for us, most people, especially males, are stuck in a "Survival of the Fittest" mindset...
I am reading a Deepak Chopra book called "Creating Health", in which he quotes someone ( I forget who ) who stated that we have moved, evolved beyond "Survival of the Fittest" to "Survival of the Wisest"...

this may be true, in part, but those who are stuck in the survival of the fittest mindset have a long way to go to be wise...

But in actuality, what he meant by 'wisdom' was that we need to become enlightened to our psychophysiological health and so, is probably totally not part of this discussion.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Hmm, I just think the first thing you maybe should think about is that a gift is not a deal. If you give something away, you cannot expect that something comes back. I think thats one of the very basic problems on Earth - Expectations. Just let it be!

Hugs Cushy

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But what's the point in being nice to people if they're only going to take advantage of it? You know - I've tried to be nice. I don't bother anymore - I don't even want any more friends because of that. I've tried to be nice my whole life, and in turn I've been taken advantage of, and relied upon when I really ought not to have been.

I know a gift is not a deal, but when you give someone a gift and they give you back a time bomb, it's not really something you want to do over and over again, is it? Unless you're a stupid sucker, like I used to be. That's why people can't be nice. Niceness is not a universal thing, and certainly there exists kind people, but likewise, so exists mean and evil people. They may exist in about equal proportions but mean and evil people are definitely dominant in the society in which I reside.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The next question may be: how exhausting is it for me to be nice?

Well, for me it is very easy to be nice. You talking about "to throw pearls before swine". I know it's a hard game, and if it's even harder if you are sensitive and altruistic. But what should I do, this is my nature.

When I was younger, I was not sure if this all is a kind of weak. But I am very sure today, and I say no. No to hate, no to greed and no to power. Everyone can stay dumb and die as an ape, but not me. And in a kind, I am very thankful to god or what every, that I can be how I am. I am damn soft, but you know what. To stay for that, is not weak, its damn strong.

Just my world picture - CushyCrux

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Thoughts are things...remember that people, think good thoughts and they come into existance, think bad thoughts and it will come into being. Let me show you an example: 3/4 of the state of florida, and probably the same in every state near the gulf thought that it'd be a disaster to drill in the Gulf, not me, I am for using all of our resources and not being dependant on foriegn anything, but I was outnumbered and guess what? A disaster did happen, no I don't think it was calculated, however I do think the consensus of people who thought gloom and doom did bring it on us!!! Honestly, I do. It's those thoughts that take form, if you beleive it, it'll happen! Some would argue, well we should've used wind solar, etc power instead blah blah blah, but let's face it is any of them giving up their vehicle to ride a bike instead? NO? So they admit they're dependant on oil, see it cannot take form if you don't change you first. It starts with YOU! You wanna save the world from oil dependancy? Walk or ride a bike or an electric scooter. Then get your group of friends to, etc, etc. It isn't just thought alone, but actions, it's all connected. At leat if you know you're oil dependant don't be sitting around thinking"Oh boy they're drilling in the Gulf something bad is going to happen". Because then it will.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I guess I am just a weak ape, then.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

maybe sometimes it is just a long-standing habit that is hard to break.

we don't realize how stuck-in-a-rut our automatic personalities are apt to become.

we must take a fresh leap at controlling our thoughts every day.

think about this:
instead of finding something negative in every event or person met
find one thing to be thankful for (event) or one admirable trait (person)

i have truly found that i admire one thing or another in every soul i meet.

THOUGHTS ARE THINGS!
literally!

GOD bless us everyone!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Finally, someone who gets it, humans create their own reality. Our world is as it is because the majority of the people create that reality.

A big fat hug from me too

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

For me, it’s all about hope.

We have control of the things we think, the movies we watch, the music we listen to, the company we keep and the words we speak. The rudder guides the ship.

Some people enjoy violence and hate. They have the wrong foundation for what is good.

I’ve found that being around mean people vexes my spirit. The same goes for evil movies and violent lyrics. When we surround our self with negativity we think negatively. We lose our joy.

World events and a down economy are throwing negative at us left and right. The world is crashing down around us – IMO. These are events that are out of our control but we can choose how we think about them.

I have a time tested method that works for me. It’s time tested because I’ve studied scripture and then applied the principles to the challenges in my life. 30+ years of testing these principals has made a believer out of me. I have tested the teachings of Jesus. I have seen His salvation in my life more times than I can count. He has allowed me to end up in situations where I only had two choices – give or take, love or hate, forgive or revenge, fight or make peace, etc. When I chose God’s way, things always turned out good. When I chose otherwise, I have regretted it.

I feel sorry for Atheists in these times we live. I feel sorry for those that say man is God. How can they have hope? The only hope they have is man. Man is the reason the world is being destroyed.

For me, the Bible has proven true up until now so I also believe it will be true in the future. I read the back of the book and it says I win. I have hope. My hope is in Jesus and that works for me.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join