It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Acupuncturist May Have Intentionally Infected Patients With HIV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet by another ATS member...but I figured I should share it. This is ridiculous! I really feel sorry for the victims and their familes who suffered from this tragedy. If these allegations turns out to be true, the individual or individuals involved should be locked in a cage for life! You have to be truly cold-hearted to commit such an act!

I always wanted to visit an acupuncturist...ha! ahhh...I don't think I'm in the mood anymore...

GENEVA — Authorities in Switzerland are investigating whether an acupuncturist intentionally infected at least 15 people with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, an official said Thursday.

The case shocked Switzerland when it came to light earlier this week, after Swiss tabloid Blick reported that authorities had kept silent on the allegations since first receiving a complaint five years ago.

Investigating magistrate Hermann Fleischhackl said a probe was launched after one alleged victim filed a criminal complaint in early 2005.

So far, 19 people with HIV have been found to have had contact with the unidentified acupuncturist, he said.

"Fifteen believe their infection may have something to do with the accused," Fleischhackl told The Associated Press. "Four people have no explanation for their infection or at least aren't linking it to the accused."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.metro.co.uk...

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Historymajor]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The one I used to go to in Huntsville used one-shot disposable needles, and would show you the tray to assure you they weren't someone else's.

Unless the acupuncturist has HIV himself, and is sticking himself before his patients to "prime" the needles.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
The one I used to go to in Huntsville used one-shot disposable needles, and would show you the tray to assure you they weren't someone else's.

Unless the acupuncturist has HIV himself, and is sticking himself before his patients to "prime" the needles.

I've never been to one, so I didn't know that that was the procedure. I would think that all acupunturists would use disposable needles. Especially in this day and age. If this proves to be true, it seems like this guy was just trying to get revenge on the world because he acutally came down with the disease himself.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Historymajor

Mike only used disposables. I understand that it's still legal in some states to re-use autoclaved needles, but you'd never get one in me. Autoclaving doesn't fix prion contamination, and they'd have to be duller than one-shots.

edit: maybe in Switzerland they still use reusables, but again, none for me thanks.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Historymajor

Mike only used disposables. I understand that it's still legal in some states to re-use autoclaved needles, but you'd never get one in me. Autoclaving doesn't fix prion contamination, and they'd have to be duller than one-shots.

edit: maybe in Switzerland they still use reusables, but again, none for me thanks.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Bedlam]

I agree with you dude. Too much at risk! I don't even like getting needles stuck in me if I go to the doctor to get my blood taken.

top topics

join