It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet companies could be forced to track you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Internet companies could be forced to track you

www.news.com.au

THE Federal Government is considering forcing internet providers like Telstra and Optus to keep records of what their customers do online.

The records could include people's web browsing history and emails and be held for several years, according to technology website ZDNet.

At the moment a warrant is needed before an internet service provider can begin logging a user's web browsing history.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So if this is passed, then what next? Phone companies taping our phone calls? Australia Post monitoring our mail? Surveilance cameras in our homes?

I'm sorry, but have I gone to sleep in Australia and woken up in communist China or something?

I really dont like where all this is going...its like 1984 (the movie). Big Brother and all that...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is how you know the Political System is really messed up. Unpopular policies like mandatory body screening at airports and compulsory internet monitoring get passed when the vast majority of Australians are probably opposed to them. Do we get to vote about these policies? Are we informed about the nature of the bills and how they will impact us? No, we are told that the Government has endorsed it so we should just accept it for the welfare of all Australians.

I have to agree with you and repeat the question: where are we headed?

[edit on 11/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you don't want to be tracked, do your research on how to keep from being tracked. First, trash Widows, and use Linux. Find a good proxy. Set Firefox for private browsing, and get rid of all history and cookies when you shut down.

new topics

top topics

join