It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really this easy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Is BP over complicating the cleanup? Is it really this easy?

Nothing really to say other than this makes more sense to me than using booms to clean it up, hell even using booms then throwing this in the boomed oil.

If you really think about it if coastal regions took booms and surronded their coast lines and threw this in the booms wouldn't this act like a barrier? Probably better than the sand barrier as the tides will bring it in and out.

Flag this to make this front page let BP know that good ol boys can come up with better solutions that using those deadly chemicals if you think this is a good idea flag it to spread it around. Simple and Cheap!

-Kdial1

[edit on 10-6-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My youtube isn't working for me at the moment.
Can you tell me whats in the video??

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Sure, here is the description from the video:

In this video posted by the Walton County (FL) Sheriff's Department, Darryl Carpenter, Vice President of Florida-based CW Roberts Contracting and sub-contractor Otis Goodson, shows how hay, hay grass and straw can be used as a very effective environmentally correct oil spill cleanup solution.

In a scene reminiscent of a primetime cooking show, the Carpenter and Goodson video shows how Coastal Bermuda and Bahia hay could be scattered over the surface of the ocean with hay blowers to absorb the oil. To start, the two men pour oil into two large pans of water, stir in the hay, add a little "wave action," then skim off the oil-soaked hay.

The audience watching the Walton County video included representatives from BP (British Petroleum), the Coast Guard and the Sheriff's office. CW Roberts then asks BP and the Coast Guard for the chance to do a 10-acre live demonstration in Gulf waters. They were told that approval has to come from higher up, but can they say no to this environmentally correct oil spill cleanup solution, with just Hay and Straw?

"We work along the whole Gulf of Mexico coastal area in Florida," says CW Roberts president, Charles Roberts. "We have everything mobilized. We can have boats and equipment on the water in less than a half-day. We have been getting calls from all over, from people who want to supply the hay. We want to be given the chance to see if it works. If it works on 10-acres, then give us a bigger assignment."

CW Roberts, a 700-employee contracting firm with headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida, and offices located all along the Gulf of Mexico from Destin to Fort Meyers, is now under contract with the Walton County's Office of Emergency Management to protect their beaches from the oil spill. A major component of their protection strategy is the use of bales of hay to keep the oil spill from reaching the Walton beaches. As the oil spill moves closer to land, Roberts says: "We want to be given a chance to show that this simple strategy just might solve the problem. It's so simple that I think it scares people."

In fact, the idea of mobilizing a statewide group of hay farmers, a fleet of shrimp boat owners, and a network of 700 CW Roberts employees to solve an enviroment problem of catastrophic proportions -- that has challenged BP, the Coast Guard and the U.S. Government -- may be just the type of heroism the Gulf Coast and America needs right now.

It actually works quite well....

See if this link works for you. Linky

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This video actually makes me want to just volunteer on the clean up.

I can't believe the efforts of BP, they know something we dont

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks for that,it worked.
I think they would be dumb not to try this.
The water looked pretty clean after their demonstration.
Why not give it a try.
My only concern is a shortage of hay afterwards for animals.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

In all Honesty they should be doing everything that works, this one I feel would be the best. Literally they could shoot it in bigger quantities than anything else (other than the toxic chemicals)

-Kdial1

new topics

top topics

join