It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Scr__s the Pooch!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
News Source

Fourteen hours into a 24-hour experiment with background imagery, Google's home page is once again stark white.
Glad they went back to the white background, but I don't use Google anymore except with the scraper:

Originally posted by havok
Who uses Google anymore?

Scroogle Scraper
Startpage
Clusty

Yes I like scroogle so Google cant track everything you do. I haven't tried the other two.

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea

Originally posted by At0mZer0
Except craigslist, they make enough money, and don't do dick. Why change anything! lol

I always wonder how sites like craigslist make money.
They don't have any pop up ads or banners. So how do they make money?
(I am not knowledgeable in this area)
The guy from Craigslist has been offered millions for that site. He refuses to sell out. He's a rare exception.

I'm not sure how he makes money or if he does, but the people wanting to buy it surely have plans to turn it into a for profit site with banners.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
When I type google into the address bar, I get a google page called, igoogle. It looks much like my homepage, MyYahoo, which i've had for about 7 years now (I only actually use it for Steelers and Penguins news). But still, what the hell? I just want a page with nothing but a search bar.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I agree.. they owe their success to their simplicity..

why they want to be like bing (I have no freakin clue)

google.. if it aint broke.. dont F with it..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
When I type google into the address bar, I get a google page called, igoogle. It looks much like my homepage, MyYahoo, which i've had for about 7 years now (I only actually use it for Steelers and Penguins news). But still, what the hell? I just want a page with nothing but a search bar.

Go into your iGoogle page that you see
Top right of the page you'll see you account name and classic home and settings and sign out
Click classic home
and there is your basic page

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wow!... here we go again ....
Google Scr__s the Pooch! (again)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join