It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is beliving in Conspirices now Trendy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It seems to me that conspiracies are becoming dramatized and trendy which kinda make me wonder. Are all these people that claim to be awake really awake or are they just seeking attention though the means of conspiracies and history. I just think that if we stop doing what is trendy today we could fix yesterdays problems and prevent tomorrows. I guess fear and frustration is easier to spread than peace and love. I guess i don't see the benefit in researching every conspiracy could there be something else rather than being informed of conspiracies. If you had a million hold on got to adjust for inflation a billion dollars
would you care about every conspiracy or if you live an Amish life would you really care?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SimpleKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I could not give a feck about whats trendy, i just talk about what i think is going on, and could not give a feck about others.

Who knows, if others jump on board, but i for one do not care too much as most people do not have critical thinking.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm sure there are those that jump on the bandwagon, and claim to be die hard theorists or experts, but like posers of anything else..we spot them and eat them for breakfast.
Pass the salt please?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I could not give a feck about whats trendy, i just talk about what i think is going on, and could not give a feck about others.

but i for one do not care too much as most people do not have critical thinking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c534cde7337.jpg[/atsimg]

On topic:

Trendy? Maybe...Dramatic - yes, of course.

Who wants to talk about demons molesting people and the end of times in a mono-tone style? Where's the fun in that?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ok not to be a smart alec but if you can ask this question with a straight face, then you must not recognize what kind of world this has become.

For 10 years and after careful research, it turns out that just about every thing termed "conspiracy" is nothing but a hidden truth waiting to be analyzed and Lo and Behold, it is eventually proven true.

Make sense?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually I notice that people are starting to have their own opinions and thoughts about current and past events. So is that a trend? Well yea but its a good trend!
You don't have to believe what everyone else believes. Thats the beauty of a conspiracy "theory".

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

Of course they are! It proves you are superior to the poor average guy, that you are "awake"!
It's so much easier than a REAL education, gee no boring stuff, just surfing the web! It's a GREAt substitute for conventional religion! You know secret stuff the uninitiated don't!
YOU understand the mysterious Universe! Just sustitute "TPTB", "The Illuminati" etc for "God", it shows the scary world isn't just threatening chance, it's controlled by scary guys! That of course, will make you feel infinitely more important and in control than you really are! You are in the Big Secret Club!
Some conspiracies are true! Most of the true ones aren't even hidden, it's just that they are not sexy enough for the overstimulated TV raised public!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

you want salt with them?
i usually eat them with choclate sauce

won.t say that believing in conspirices really becomes trendy but me thinks that people become more and more aware that the stuff in the mainstream media is not the truth and not the whole truth.
so some of them really started to think by themselves and came to the same conclusions than most of ats-members

@dg
totally agreed.

some call it conspiracy and others call it truth
only 2 sides of one medal
the medal of our world or universe

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I agree some conspiracies are right in front of us like fluoride poisoning.
Though reading though a bunch of researcher and studies is not as fun as looking at a satellite and calling it a UFO.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I blame the X files for the trendiness which started a long time ago.

However people are beginning to really wonder what is going on? So the media is beginning to pick up on this. It will pass.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have to agree with some of the posts on here. who cares if it is trendy? at least people are looking outside of the box for answers, and analyzing current events. you will have people who see this movement as a cash cow, but the fakes are easily spotted due to the fact that it is a thinking movement. I hope it is the next big trend.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yeah they are trendy but this is a bandwagon we welcome people to join =]
trust the worldwide trend is remarkable in my country people are very welcoming to this type of info

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
yeah they are trendy but this is a bandwagon we welcome people to join =]
trust the worldwide trend is remarkable in my country people are very welcoming to this type of info

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
While it's an interesting concept, just remember that simply always doing things that are not trendy just because they aren't trendy is a terrible idea and will lead nowhere. If people start practicing love and kindness worldwide and it becomes trendy, committing murder to break the trend won't help this world out of anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it wasn't trendy you wouldn't have ATS to gawk at. ATS is a commercial enterprise, complete with ads for everyday products. Google "conspiracy Theorey" see what you get. CT has been the theme of countless TV shoes, movies, novels, songs etc, for years. CT is definetly mainstream at this point, if it wsan't , you wouldn't know about it!

top topics

join