It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know all of you say that Bush is a bad public speaker, but.........I saw him debate some lady(can't remember her name) in the early 90's when he was running for governor, and to my suprise he spoke perfectly!
He didn't pause before "big" words and gave nice concise answers...

What happened between then and now!?

Could it possibly be that he wants to be perceived as an "Average Joe"?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Cocaine.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Or too much drink. I hear it can damage the brain cells and make you speak fnneuy oor smthgn lk tht

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
maybe that was bush as a shapeshifting reptilian... but now he's just a regular texan red-neck (who just happens to run the country).

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't know what it was, but now he has a speaking ra te of about three words every thirty seconds!!

"We are fighting .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . a war against evil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . America will stand firm . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . against freedom haters.......... . . . . "

Ha he got so little to say that he has to spread it out very smoothly over a long period of time. Or is he just a numbskull?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Tone, that is the way they all speak. I think they do that so the press can scribble the words down.

Maybe it has something to do with age and stress level. Couple that with the dead braincells of the rebellious years, and you have a verbal gaff.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Tom, listen to Tony Blair make speaches. I may not like him that much but at least he can speak. It's not that hard to read an autocue? I never see Bush actually having to defend himself enough. In British politics there is plenty of debate in the house of commons, there is no such scrutiny in American politics? How often does Bush have to speak up for himself in a heated debate? Could he?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by porque
I know all of you say that Bush is a bad public speaker, but.........I saw him debate some lady(can't remember her name) in the early 90's when he was running for governor, and to my suprise he spoke perfectly!
He didn't pause before "big" words and gave nice concise answers...

What happened between then and now!?

Could it possibly be that he wants to be perceived as an "Average Joe"?

Before...he was governor of Texas....Now as president he has more of a burden on his hands, because a lot more people watch and criticize the president. It also has something to do with the decisions he has to make as president and the ability to carry out those decisions. He can't show emmotion on camera, because it will make him look weak, it will make america look weak. It's the burden of command.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That is the way they talk in American politics - I've been mocking it for years! Always sounded stupid to me.
You have a great point, American politicians don't know how to defend their thoughts. They never debate like what I've seen British guys do it. There seems to be little spirit to our guys.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ohhh aaa coome on aa people! It's aaa bush!
Drugs.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Maybe he feels that he must speak slow so that the majority of the American people can understand him. We are not on his level of course. We are not high society.

top topics

join