It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should priesthood be given to the people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As I recall within the new testament. A person was exorcising demons out of people using Jesus' name. Apostles complain and Jesus said to relax. Sums it up nicely. Anyways. The power that is behind a priest is studying the word of God and teachings. Minus the responablity of the church and their liturgical worshipping. Do you believe that the power of a priest should be given to the laymen.

With enough self studying, research and knowledge. +faith. do you think this should be done and if so how? This obviously would place the church in a disposition. Families wouldn't need to worship on sunday. No more tithing and the church would fall apart. Catholic church that is. As well as other organizations/branches.

Faith would be more of a matter of personal opinion rather than theological damnation within a social confound.

I see a win win with everyone IMO.

Theist: get to worship the way they want
Atheist: No more churches on every corner.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I guess I'm confused. Didn't Martin Luther already do this? I thought we already had the universal priesthood.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra5000
I guess I'm confused. Didn't Martin Luther already do this? I thought we already had the universal priesthood.

If that is true then why do I have to go to a church and get "whatever service" from a priest

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Read your Bible - God has already given the priesthood to the believers.

new topics

top topics

join