It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Clerics Advocate Adult Breast Feeding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this, if a mod cares to move it then go for it. But this is just nuts.

(June 5) -- Women in Saudi Arabia should give their breast milk to male colleagues and acquaintances in order to avoid breaking strict Islamic law forbidding mixing between the sexes, two powerful Saudi clerics have said. They are at odds, however, over precisely how the milk should be conveyed.

A fatwa issued recently about adult breast-feeding to establish "maternal relations" and preclude the possibility of sexual contact has resulted in a week's worth of newspaper headlines in Saudi Arabia. Some have found the debate so bizarre that they're calling for stricter regulations about how and when fatwas should be issued.

Sheikh Al Obeikan, an adviser to the royal court and consultant to the Ministry of Justice, set off a firestorm of controversy recently when he said on TV that women who come into regular contact with men who aren't related to them ought to give them their breast milk so they will be considered relatives.

visit source for full article

Now I know we have some weird laws in the US. Like in TE you can't put a donkey in your bathtub. But this just blows my mind.

Added proper tags for citing external source, trimmed excessive quoting.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That's some amazing logic. So simply by drinking a lady's breastmilk, I'm somehow her child or, even worse, just a generic relative?

Zany.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes it's spectacular logic. And to think we put these folks on equal ground.

join