It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Dead Fish at Dog River Marina - Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A CNN iReport viewer shot video of thousands of dead fish washing up in Alabama's Dog River Marin, signs of a dying southern fishery in the mouth of the bay. "The smell was horrendous!" writes Cari7, a Mobile, Alabama, videographer. "I cannot confirm if this has anything with the oil spill but being located only 25 miles north of Dauphin Island, it seems like a huge possibility."

Link

My instinct says it's spill related,

I fear this is the beginning of many more bad news.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So there's no one on ATS from Alabama who can comment on this?

I rather would have seen some more updates or information about this.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I beleive that it is spill related. In fact, later you will see dead seagulls lying around. WHY, because those sea gulls are eating the dead fish that are polluted with what killed them. The oil, or the dispersants. When the sea gull consumes enough toxins from the fish, it too will die. ALSO, whatever eats sea gulls will also die. SEE how BP effected the food chain in wildlife. DEATH WILL CREEP IN, rot and disease will follow. BIO HAZZARD COMMING, or worse yet mutated diseases we humans cannot fight off. THANKS BP.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am originally from that area. Those are mostly Pilchards. They die when you look at them. They are by far the most sensitive to oxygen deprivation an event that is common in the area. Dog river is a tidal river that cycles between brackish (salt) water on the incoming tide & fresh water as the tide goes out. Low oxygen levels are common this time of year and are thought to be partially responsible for an event in Mobile bay that is locally called a "Jubilee". during this time fish, crabs, shrimp and other creatures go into sort of a suspended animation and can be picked up by the truckload during the hours of the Jubilee.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mizzu

Has the oil reached your beaches yet. Where are you from? Are you close to any beaches? Is anything happening at the beaches?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Is this a recent photo??? or an unrelated fish kill???

www.treehugger.com...

its the first image that comes up when you google image search:

"dog river marina dead fish Alabama spill"

check out this local news report; scary video...

www.wkrg.com...

Sri

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Sri Oracle]

new topics

top topics

join