It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadliest Day of the Year in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Article

KABUL, Afghanistan — Insurgents killed 10 NATO soldiers on Monday, seven of them Americans, military officials said. It was the worst single day for the foreign forces operating in Afghanistan in the past seven months.

The deaths came in five separate attacks in the south and east of the country, according to statements from the International Security Assistance Force, as the NATO force in Afghanistan is known.

Five of the American soldiers were killed by a homemade bomb, known as a improvised explosive device or I.E.D., in eastern Afghanistan, a spokesman for the American military, Lt. Col. Joseph T. Breasseale, confirmed. Two other American soldiers were killed by an I.E.D. in southern Afghanistan, he said.

The day before, on Sunday, five NATO soldiers lost their lives, including three who were killed in a vehicle accident, one who was killed by an I.E.D. in southern Afghanistan, and another who was killed by an “insurgent attack” in eastern Afghanistan, according to statements from ISAF.

Today is one of the deadliest days there in the past 7 months. 10 NATO personel killed, 7 of them Americans. IED's killed the Americans while one other NATO soldier was killed by an IED (dont know which country), and the other 2 were killed by small arms fire.

This summer is getting worse and worse. Last month, we lost 51 troops, the highest for the months of May since the beginning of the war, and in Feburary, we lost 55, the highest amount of men lost this year. Currently, according to ICasualties web site, we have lost 21 troops so far this month, and its only June 7th. ICasualties

I remember months ago, there was talk about this summer being one of the deadliest in Afghanistan, and I believe that is becoming true.

Another link to the news article - CNN Article

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I absolutley hate this type of propoganda news.

It's only to benefit the war machine, as it does not say anywhere how many locals were killed.

The sort of journalism wreaks to the highest extent.

I want a body count of Afghans, to round out the article!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I am all for releasing the numbers of civilians killed. I am going to say im 100% sure they have the most casualties out of NATO and the Taliban. I havent been able to find a site that keeps up to date with civilian deaths in Afghanistan, but there was one for Iraq. I think it was called Iraq Body Count. The civilian deaths barley make the news anymore. Every now and then I will see an article with x amount killed, but nothing actually keeping track of all of the deaths.

Im thinking the goverment dosent want to realease the figures since they are extremely high Im thinking.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I fail to see how adding the civilian death count to this article would stop it from being propaganda. Those deaths are real, those people died therefore how is any of it propaganda? Its an article that tells of how many troops have been killed, nothing more nothing less..

Perhaps a scoreboard would better suit your needs lol!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yea but Baghram's Air Force Security Forces jacked up like 25 of them without loosing anyone. It is war people, there will be deaths and there will be victories. These insurgents lost big time. They tried to take over all the main bases in Afghan with minimal numbers and they all got owned by us.

new topics

top topics

join