It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Well Explosion this time near Dallas Texas / plus WVa methane blast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not much in this report as the event just recently happened:

Several injured in Hood County oil well explosion

HOOD COUNTY - An oil well has exploded in Hood County in the Godley/Tolar area, according to reports.

Massive flames and a huge plume of smoke can be seen in the area.

The Cleburne fire chief says six people have been injured.

"About 2:40 p.m., we heard a loud explosion, rumbling, almost like a tornado. It shook our entire house. The plume of smoke that came out or steam is heading this way, the wind is blowing it right over our house. We are trying to work out whether it is something we need to evacuate or not," said Laura Harlin in Johnson County.

Methane gas mine explosion in WVA, BP spill in the gulf, another up in Alaska I believe, the Natural gas explosion in PA last week, now this?

Coincidence?

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just one point, If this carries on the way it is along with the oil spill there is going to be nothing holding the whole area up.
We are witnessing something that we hopefully will never be stupid enough to see again, but who knows.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Another one in WVa today...

Methane pocket suspected in West Virginia gas well blast that injured 7

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — A crew drilling a natural gas well through an abandoned coal mine in West Virginia hit a pocket of methane gas that ignited, triggering an explosion that burned seven workers, state and company officials said Monday.
The seven workers were taken to the West Penn Burn Center in Pittsburgh and were in fair condition, a hospital spokeswoman said. They are expected to recover.
The explosion happened about 1:30 a.m. in a rural area outside Moundsville, about 55 miles (88 kilometres) southwest of Pittsburgh. A column of fire shot at least 70 feet (21 metres) high, but the flames fell to 40 feet (12 metres) within hours. Gas continued to burn late Monday afternoon.
A team from Texas-based Wild Well Control, a company that specializes in rig fires, will decide whether to let the methane burn or try to extinguish the flames, said Kristi Gittins, spokeswoman for Dallas,Texas-based Chief Oil & Gas LLC.
The fire presents no danger to any structures or people, said Bill Hendershot, an inspector with the state Department of Environmental Protection's Office of Oil and Gas.
The operation was less than a week old: DEP records show a permit was issued June 2 to AB Resources Pennsylvania LLC of Brecksville, Ohio.

It could just be a heightened awareness that has me wondering why all of this is happening within a short period of time, but it does strike me as odd.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe this is how Atlantis disappeared.

Seriously though this is really bad. I hate how capitalism just has no regard for nature and the environment. There is practically nothing you can buy anymore that isnt tainted with the blood of the earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Could it be that some group are sabotaging the Oil Industry in the US? Sounds crazy, but you just never know.

Who would benefit from the US stopping drilling for oil?

I read the other day that Oil Prices could rocket if the US stopped drilling.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wow.. that does seem to be a string of oil related disasters... I have not heard about anything in Alaska though?

Gas prices have remained steady though.. thank god for that.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Possible actually.. when we drill for oil, we are creating a massive cavern in the Earth .. usually a well has to be filled with water as oil is being emptied to keep the same consistency underground, or else huge tracts of land risk collapsing (main cause of earthquakes in the ME). But I don't think that has anything to do with the OP, just saying your hypothesis isn't that impossible.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Here's a piece on the recent Alaska pipeline spill:

www.ktuu.com...

This one was contained and they resumed operations.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Denver Electrical Substation explosion today also..

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
...pipelines blow fairly regularly... i was servicing ng processing plants back in the 90s when the brenham ng explosion happened.. that was very scary... told my boss how nervous it made me... he showed me a map of all the underground pipelines that criss-cross texas and reminded me that theres worser ways to die... he was such a hoot to work for, yep, lol...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Speaking of Texas...

2 DIE IN SECOND PIPELINE EXPLOSION IN TEXAS

2 people die in a second gas pipeline explosion in Lubbock,Texas. According to reports the tragic accident occurred when a bulldozer struck a pipeline. This is the second deadly explosion in 2 days.According to local reports, Workers were drilling a hole for an 80- to 120-foot utility pole when the gas line was struck . This severed the pipeline and ignited a massive firy explosion which lasted for approximately two hours.

Both of the Texas explosions appear to be the result of human error.

top topics

join