It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polling Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Once upon a time, when I was a new member (not all that long ago) there was a function that would allow you to create polls for members to vote on.

I am wondering if there is any interest among members to bring this option back.

Personally I would be very interested to see the results of some polls voted on by our members. I'm not sure if this is a viable option, but I thought it might be something that is possible, given that it existed previously.

Luke

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a poll on ATS to see how members would vote in the upcoming presidential election could be very interesting.

i like the idea of polls, but it would have to be mod implemented by member suggestion. if members create their own polls, it could become a virtual madhouse here

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
madhouse, how? wouldn't it just be on the top of the thread?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I like it. It give an interesting look at the boards views.

Do you want a poll on your new avatar? If so, I would have to say

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
if members create all the polls, without mod supervision
we might see many redundant and most likely some stupid polls.
like "do you think Bush is a fat head"
Or " Is Dick Cheney a Reptilian"
or "chubacabra vs bigfoot, who'll win"

while there isn't anything wrong with those ideas, i don't think it would provide any benefits, except maybe a few laughs.

i think polls like elections should have some sort of organized structure, plus if they are done well with the right questions, other sources might pay attention to the wide spectrum of worldwide opinions found here.

and if polls were offered here, i don't know if i want them on top of the threads, perhaps they could have their own section, or do a monthly front page poll????

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Love it, I think it's a great idea.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
if members create all the polls, without mod supervision
we might see many redundant and most likely some stupid polls.
like "do you think Bush is a fat head"
Or " Is Dick Cheney a Reptilian"
or "chubacabra vs bigfoot, who'll win"

How would a poll increase these type of threads? I fail to see the connection, there will be idiotic posts regardless of poll or not. It would just be a convienent feature, some knuckle head abuses it. Ban hammer that ass.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think mod implementation by member request would be a good way to monitor things...allthough it may require a new mod as requests could become numerous.

Intrepid, thanks for the
for my Avatar

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Excellent suggestion, Lukefj.

Guidelines will take care of any problems that may arise. Mods should only intervene if necessary.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank you Bangin,

I agree that moderator intervention should be limited. Their jobs are large enough. What would some of the guidelines required be? Were there guidelines previously or was it a free for all, I can't remember?

As was suggested by worldwatcher, it would be interesting to conduct our very own ATS voter pole for the upcoming election. (Interpid and I could do our own version for Canadian members...I'm voting for "Rapping Ed Broadbent"...LOL yeah right! must see "This Hour has 22 Minutes" to understand).

IT would be very intriguing to see which side of the fence the majority of the ATS community sits. Lets hope its feasible(perhaps a trial run to start?)

Lukefj

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Lukefj]

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have to say that I do like polls. I think it would be interesting to have polls every now and then when there is a big thread running, so that we could gauge the overall feeling of the board on certain issues.
The aussie bloke hoax for instance, I know it's probably a bit late in the day now, but when we were in the thick of it, it would have been interesting to have a poll to see how many people believed him.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think that this would be a very good idea. With proper moderation, it can become quite a useful tool. We can use it for votes on things with ATS itself, or topics in the news.

I'm voting for this... **Can't find voting thing** OHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHH...
That's why we need it.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Lukefj, your avatar almost made me pee a little. Heehee. That's funny.

Polls rock but people would just get sick of them after awhile. All of the good ideas would be taken quickly and then it would just be a bunch of copys of the same polls over and over.

Paper or Plastic?

Nutzo

join