It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Dealmaking Exposes His Political Manipulation: (Chicago Thuging)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama, being from Chicago, knows there are two basic ways to play foul in politics. One is to break the law. The other is to keep it legal, if shadily close to the line. It may not stink to high heaven, but it smells a little.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcab17fc5c90.jpg[/atsimg]

In a couple of known cases, his operatives tried to game the system ahead of Democratic congressional primaries, dangling job possibilities in front of challengers in hopes they would get out of the way of Obama's preferred incumbents. (They didn't.) This appears to be mild stuff in the canon of political manipulation, the kind of puppeteering that leaders in both parties have done for generations.

For truly conniving, ego-driven, potty-mouthed machinations from the belly of the Chicago Democratic machine, tune in to the corruption trial just under way of Rod Blagojevich, the former Illinois governor accused of scheming to profit from his ability to fill Obama's old Senate seat. Even so, dispensing favors for political ends was a specialty of the old ward bosses, not to mention some bare-knuckled presidents. Obama presented himself as above that sort of thing.
Obama staked a claim to purity on that front, said primaries belong to the people not the pols and decried even the subtle back-room tactics "that are within the lines of legality but still don't fulfill the spirit of service."

Such was Obama's response a month before taking office, when Blagojevich's troubles spilled into the open. Obama was fresh from a campaign whose most remarkable chapter came early on when he defeated Hillary Rodham Clinton for the Democratic nomination. Back then, Obama was the Rep. Joe Sestak of the day, making things messy for the party establishment by challenging a respected and powerful figure favored for the nomination.

The Obama White House sought to protect two senators against upstart Democratic challengers who were powered, like Obama once was against Clinton, by the audacity of hope. In a Pennsylvania Senate primary contest, the White House dispatched former President Bill Clinton to try to get Sestak to stand down against longtime Sen. Arlen Specter, a Republican turned Democrat. Sestak's prize: an unpaid presidential advisory position while keeping his seat in the House.

Then late last week, it emerged that White House deputy chief of staff Jim Messina had contacted former Colorado House Speaker Andrew Romanoff about possible administration jobs in hopes that Romanoff wouldn't challenge Sen. Michael Bennet in the state's Aug. 10 Senate primary. Messina described three federal international development jobs that might be available to Romanoff if he got out of Bennet's way. Like Sestak, Romanoff decided to stay in the race.
Source: www.newsmax.com...

With a good old Yule Brenner in the King & I movie: Etc, etc, etc.... The article, of course continues with more of Obams and his Chicago buddies & their crazy antics. Nevermind, Mover along, Nothing to see here. I am as pure as the Northern Yukon snow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dd51b86f9e4.jpg[/atsimg]

Something tells me the FBI will be serving search warrants on the White House folks in the future, near future. This Joker needs to go and FAST.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Blago will sing like a bird on the stand and it will end up in mistrial. The jury will find it hard to forget whatever he will bring up. With all of Blagos tv spats I find myself believing his "innocence" to some respects.

I'm just wiating to see how deeply our president is involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think it is safe to say that Obama is up to his eyeballs involved with Blanko. He'll be lucky he makes to the witnes stand-if he decides to take it.

Again, the MSM won't get around to doing a story or piece until-say 10 years after he is out of office.

I think I would rather had AZ and Alaskan Politicing going on instead of these crooks.

new topics

join