It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayreon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Anyone else here listen to Ayreon?

It seems like the kind of music people here might listen to, due to the stories told by each album, all of which are conspiracy/paranormal related.

The plot for each album is linked below:

The Final Experiment (1995)
A group of scientists from the future send a message back in time.

Into the Electric Castle (1998)
A group of people taken from various places in Earth's history are gathered together in a virtual world.

Universal Migrator Part 1: The Dream Sequencer (2000)
The last human alive is living on Mars, and uses a device to visit his past.

Universal Migrator Part 2: Flight of the Migrator (2000)
The last human alive travels further back in time to the beginning of the universe.

The Human Equation (2004)
A man mysteriously crashes into a tree in his car in broad daylight, and spends the next 20 days in a coma.

01011001 (2008)
This album ties all the previous albums together, and shows you that each story was just a part of a huge alien conspiracy.

After listening to the last album, 01011001, you begin to understand that each album was just one part of an even bigger story.

Spoilers
An ancient alien race that was once biological is regretting it's decision to become artificial. To get back part of what they lost, they decide to create a new biological race on another planet (us) so that they can once again experience emotions, this time through them.

I recommend you give this project a listen. By all means get a preview of their stuff on Youtube or Last.fm, or whatever site you like to use, but bear in mind that listening to one song out of context will not make the larger story apparent to you.

Also bear in mind that the style of music radically changes from one song to the next, so don't just listen to one song and then think to yourself "hmm, that's their style then" because it probably isn't.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I listen to Ayreon.

[It's not the very slight conspiracy theme that brings me to Ayreon, I just love them.]

They are the best prog metal/rock I have ever listened to.

Favorite album is 01011001 I like the songs "Liquid Eternity" "Comatose" "Ride The Comet" "Age Of Shadows" "The Sixth Extinction" "The Truth Is In Here" "Waking Dreams"

Although the themes are interesting, and the albums are theme based, it seems to me that each song can be applied differently..

Ayreon is highly instrumental, their music is beautiful, relaxing yet exhilarating.

Extremely good for the soul, and your ears.

Ayreon is the kind of metal that is both a "head banger" and a "soul banger" at the same time. Ayreon is a work of art.
(I give Arjen Lucassen his credit where it's due)

I recommend Ayreon. (Also some of their side projects too, like "Star One" and "Stream Of Passion".)

This is what music should be.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ok, As you can probably notice by my avatar and my username, I am an Arjen Lucassen, and especially Ayreon freak... Been listening to it for about 5 years almost every day. What I love about it is that the message is in line with music. The warning about the dark, dystopian future with the Annunaki style theme of Forevers, Universal Migrator as the avatar of god, buddha, physics, fate, or whatever you want to call a higher power. I think it is universal and highly philosophical. The music only amplifies it, stressing many parts, leaving others for artistic interpretation. I think there is a deep thought throughout the saga, each album separately (different themes), and with every song as a part of each opera and independently. To me this is equivalent of religion... even better, because it does not pretend to be better than us... it is us in a stereotypical, a bit twisted way, exposing our flawss, so we can work on them. Perhaps it was not Arjens intention... but I take Ayreon VERY PERSONALLY... and I bow in fear to the charm of the seer!!!!

join