It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP a no show at Mobile Alabama Community Forum on Oil Spill Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A community forum was held in Mobile last night so concerned citizens could get answers for their questions. The organizer said BP was "overextended" and wouldn't be available as well for today's forum.

Residents' oil spill concerns, questions addressed at community forum

MOBILE, Ala. -- Not a single BP PLC representative was available to answer Gulf Coast residents' questions Wednesday night at a community forum hosted by the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium at the Mobile Civic Center.

After an audience member asked if BP reps were present to take questions, the consortium's director, LaDon Swann, told the crowd that BP said it was "overextended" and declined to attend either the Wednesday night forum or the forum scheduled 9 a.m. this morning, also at the Civic Center.

At the forum Wednesday night, Gulf Coast residents and business owners queried representatives from state resource agencies, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Small Business Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and several other agencies working in oil spill remediation efforts.

The forum began at 6 p.m. with a general session of updates about current oil disaster cleanup efforts from a Coast Guard commander, a Food and Drug Administration rep working out of Dauphin Island and EPA and NOAA reps.

After reading the article, it doesn't seem that the answers to the citizens' questions would have one to believe that they left the forum feeling better about the situation.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Was there no one on hand to represent? really?
Hmmmm, tactical avoidance.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

From the answers those folks were getting, it didn't appear that BP was needed.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

From the answers those folks were getting, it didn't appear that BP was needed.

Very true indeed.
This "oil" story is so fascinating, mammoth and I don't think we have seen the
full impact or ramifications yet either. Let alone the truth. I think a lot is going
to unfold. I just wish I could somehow make a difference, rather than sitting on
the sideline waiting for the truth to seep through the holes..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This, i'm fairly sure is Obamas' 9/11

These people probably have to compare stories with the government and then they can "report".

I think this was done on purpose. Obama didnt necessarily need know, but now he has to do the damage control a la Bush.

new topics

top topics

join