It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese PM Yukio Hatoyama resigns amid Okinawa row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Japanese PM Yukio Hatoyama resigns amid Okinawa row

The move comes as his ruling party struggles to revive its chances in an election expected in July. Mr Hatoyama has been under pressure after failing to fulfil an election pledge to move a controversial US base from the island of Okinawa. He has been in power for just eight months, but polls suggest he has been losing popularity in recent months. ...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have to wonder about this, the German leader resigned a little bit ago.

Is this going to become a trend? I sorta wish Obama would just resign, take a hint you know?

Hatoyama was only in office for 8 months

[edit on 1-6-2010 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust, hey hey, another one goes and another one goes, another bites the dust!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I knew there would be nation wide backlash...

This dude ran high numbers due to his NUMBER ONE CAMPAIGN PROMISE and that was remove the US base from Okinawa and in Japan...

I mean THINK ABOUT IT... That would be like Barack Obama running high numbers due to his number one campaign promise and that was to bring troops home immediately...

can you imagine the backlash if he didn't remove them immediately back in 2009 like he said after he got elec...

0h.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
He is the guy who's wife claimed her soul rode on a UFO up to Venus.....

not that there is anything wrong with that... but I thought his name looked familiar... >

www.aolnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join