It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you consider the coolest, most promising technology/ invention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are many new materials and technologies being studied and manufactured at universities all over the world and some have some real cool properties.

I would like to know what you think is the coolest or think is the most promising for its applications.

Me myself did see a program about carbon nano-tubes. It was about how scienists succeeded to make a tubular contruction of carbon atoms which gives the material super properties. The apllications are endless and will defenitely change the world once the manufacuting proces is controled and affordable.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well. Most of the nifty gizmos we use today are not just one type of technology all boiled into one, but a combination of technologies that create a better device.

A great example would be the Nokia Morph Concept phone. A bunch of amazing technology combined into one nifty gizmo.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sonys flex screen technology cant wait to hang up the screen as a poster.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by SimpleKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Gasoline free Fuel Cells, if the oil companies will get out of the way and allow their developments.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

The coolest would have to be the technology shown in the movie "Stealth", if that's possible. I imagine there's a crude prototype somewhere that doesn't look nearly that good and it's probably not reliable enough for combat use and wouldn't work on a high speed plane. It might be compatible with the stealth blimp though.

Most promising is anything that can get us off our oil dependency like more advanced solar cells (more efficient), advanced battery technology so the electric cars can go further on a single charge, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There is this program where Dr Micho Kacu comes with designs of all kind of sci-fi stuff and in one of these episodes he explains that carbon nano tubes can also be used to function as batteries. In this particular program he comes with a design to make a laser sword. You know, the one that is used in the Star-Wars movies. These nano-battries can hold giantic amount of power.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A cool technology that is being researched and developed at a university near me is flexible, thing, light weight, plastic batteries. These are much thinner then say a cellphone batteries, and hold more charge. They are pretty neat.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Fire........................thats all we need man.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well its older tecknolgy but I think the coolest is the bic lighter no MORE rubbing sticks for this cave dude

new topics

top topics

join