It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Clear Channel to pay $1.75 Million in FCC Fines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not only does the FCC know that Howard has a huge following but so does Bush. Don't kid yourself that he is a fair fighter politically. He is anything but! He wants to be President for four more years and he is going to do anything that he can to get there.

I raised my kids to be free thinkers. I raised them with moral bounds that as they grew older they were allowed to expand or contract. When raising children, we can only give them role models to use in making their own judgements. We need to believe that given a choice they will make the "right" choice for them. By our preventing certain ideas and issues from being explored on the public airways, we are putting blinders on our children. When they have to make a judgement call, it will be made without being able to use all the information available because our society chose to hide certain facts from them. If that is not true, then why the need for a web site like "Above Top Secret"?

As Arianna Huffington put it; It is widely known that eating nothing but Big Mac Sandwiches will put weight on you and that excess weight causes some illnesses. Should the Government go in and ban us from eating Big Macs? No, we allow the free enterprise system to do that. Let's do the same with Howard Stern or anyone like him. If you don't like his program, don't listen. If enough people stop listening to him, sponsors will quit advertising and the radio station will quit playing it. It's that simple!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's nice to see some parents on here that are actually teaching they're kids some responsibility. I'm sick of all this censorship crap going on. Don't speak up against Bush or the War in Iraq or your career will be ruined. We're going to tax fast food so your children won't get fat.

I grew up in a time when the parents role was crucial in raising a child. Nowadays, it seems that parents are willing to let TV and XBOX raise their children and then are confused when they do something bad. It's the parents responsibility to provide a well rounded environment for their children.

Government should have a limited role in the functions of everyday life. Ronald Reagan was a huge advocate of a small government, I think he realized that a large controlling government was counter-productive.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
any law can be changed. if you disagree you should be contacting your senator & represenative.

myself, i did not want to see janet's boob during the halftime show, and i can do without the crap that stern broadcasts. i was suprised he was ever able to get away with it in the first place.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I guaranty you, unless you have TiVo and recorded the halftime show, or you searched for it on the net, you did not see a boob. You saw a falf second of someone covering up at the end of a stupid show. Only those the REALLY wanted to see it could see it cause they had to find it by pausing thier TV after recording it. Otherwise, that's a lame excuse to start this string of media censorship. There have been a WHOLE LOT of more legitimate reasons to get upset over than the Janet boob debacle. It was just the excuse the gov't and the FCC were waiting for to start thier power trip. Nothing more. And now Stern is getting the backlash for stuff he has been doing for 20 years. Besides, if you should have been more offended at the simulated sex scene that occured between Janet and Justin during the whols thing. Why would anyone be suprised at what happened at the end? People act like that's the one thing that made the halftime show trashy.

For the record, Janets Boob was no treat. Whatever flopped out couldn't have been intentional cause why would you want to show off that saggy thing.

<< 1   >>

join