It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake lights in the UK??!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by little_green_man

Actually the UK does have some recordable seismic activity in the form of something called Post Glacial Rebound.

Ever since the ice age ended Scotland has been rising and some say that the secondary effect of this is that lower England is dropping gently into the sea much like a ship that is tipping bow first like a gigantic titanic.

The process of course is very slow but it is measurable and may well explain the fact that at times we do have earth tremors .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I saw the same kind of cloud coverage last night here in Wiltshire. They really caught my eye, can't even explain why really other than they looked different from our "normal" cloud coverage. Anyway lovely pics thanks for posting. Peace

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Definently iridescenece. There seems to be some misinterpretation of what earthquake clouds really are.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ok, here is a link to my photo's from Sunday afternoon

Sundog

I think it's a Sun Dog?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I can definetly tell you at some point yesterday i looked at the sky in southampton and thought something was strange, can't quite put my finger on it, only afterward's did I read this thread.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
So I guess you don't need to be near a fault line do you?

Indeed not. We've had a number of tremors down in the South East of the UK in the past few years

- Phoenix

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is a link to the British Geological website, in the last 30 days there have been a few tremors/earthquakes in Britain, Scotland and Ireland.

So the answer is no, you don't have to be near a fault line for one to occur.

British Geological Survey

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I've been informed by my girlfriend that she thinks it's a sun-dog. Great pics by the way!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The volcano in Iceland (Eyjafjallajokull) has been spewing all sorts of stuff into the atmosphere over the last few weeks, maybe that's affecting some of the clouds in some way?

Remember the earthquake we had in Feb 2008? That was a 4.7, pretty much the entire country felt that one, even some guys I know in Ireland felt it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My Picture - Sorry dont know how to add the sliders at the bottom!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d89fba92583d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If could be related to the CME from the sun a couple of days ago that his currently hitting our magnetosphere.

If you go here you can see that we are currently, and have been off and on for 2 days, experiencing pressure.

Real Time Magnetosphere Simulation

It is usually seen as Northern Lights.

Could this be it?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It isnt exactly a sundog, but its is one of many halo phenomenen. This particular one is called a circumzenithal arc

Nice picture

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It isnt exactly a sundog, but its is one of many halo phenomenen. This particular one is called a circumzenithal arc

Nice picture

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Thankyou for the link Oz, It was actually moving towards the sun till it faded, I was awestruck!

If you look a few posts up you will see a link to all of the pictures that I took of it.....Better change the title of the album from Sundog to Circumzenithal Arc though.

My pictures

Edit to add link to pictures

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Amazing pictures

Im well gutted that the weather here in the uk is so yuk!! I would love to see some more of these beautiful clouds in the sky.

But as normal its raining!!!!!! 100% cloud cover

But on the bright side it is going to be getting warmer over the next few days so i will have my eyes and camara ready

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Thankyou.

I know, the weather where I am is horrible too at the minute, the sun keeps trying to peek out though.

Yes it seems the weather will improve soon, yay....get your shorts out

Dont want to say it but hope that last few days of scorching sunshine we had.........well you know what the british summers are like!

I always have my camera (phone) on me and love taking picture's.

Keep them coming

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
wow amazing photos!
do you have an advanced camera to take pictures like that and capture the lights so well?

That effect is just beautiful!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by viber8

Thankyou.

I use my Nokia phone camera, have it on auto setting. One of these days I will invest in a real camera!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join