It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP And Obama: A Perfect Photo Op of Deception

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tegz_1
one question comes to my mind ..... why? i mean y not clean it up?

Well in true ATS style there is a sinister potential answer to that question and then there is the very plausible answer that it might just be too darn dangerous to clean up. What we learned in the span of that 40 hour HAZMAT class did not prepare us for what we see happening in the wetlands of Louisiana. I've seen photo of guys in Tyvex suits with no respirators of any kind putting oil soaked debris into trash bags. That's not how its done and that's not how its taught either. There are corners being cut here at every angle

The PPMs of Benzine and COREXIT are probably so high that SCBA (Self contained breathing apparatus) is needed but do you believe they are going to provide this very expensive measure for tens of thousands of cleanup workers. in a twelve hour day one worker could conceivably go through 10 to 12 45 minute air bottles.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
DUDE!

Awesome thread. I was rolling the whole time.

OMG

S & F

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

This is nothing new whatsoever because that's the majority of politics.

A sham, a bamboozle, a dog and pony show, it does not matter whether it is those idiots running BP, or the idiot running the White House.

I'm tired of listening to the talking heads and their masters.

I am not listening to their lies, cover-ups, and crimes anymore.

It just has become far too easy and far too obvious since I know what I know about politics, politicians, and the liars that they are paid to serve.

Big Industry.

Big Money.

Big Brother.

The Gulf of B.P. Oil Disaster : A National Emergency Situation and Smoke On the Water

Notice how this is building, and building, to where it will soon be a bigger disaster?

It is all the same two-faced entity, depending upon which face they decide to show to us, depending upon which they are trying to get from us.

TheMythLives, you seriously need to read this book, about the fallacy of Presidency.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a50b011c3.jpg[/atsimg]

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

Between the corporations, like BP, stalling to force the Presidential Administration to pay them to clean up this mess, and the President stalling because he has no idea of how to force BP to clean up their mess I'm done.

This is exactly why I have never had customer loyalty to any one brand of oil company, gasoline company, or car company, I buy what is the best value for my dollar, based upon criteria that has nothing to do with bling.

A car gets you from point A to point B just as the gasoline that gets you there.

As far as I am concerned both BP and Obama are liars and I'm not buying it.

Never again will I listen to a single word uttered out of the liars in Washington D.C.

This is nothing more than a sham, a con, and a conspiracy to force us to buy into the next piece of legislation which will force our hands to pull our wallets out of our pockets to purchase "eco-friendly" cars via Congressional mandate.

I'm not buying the lies and I'm not buying a P.O.S. "eco-friendly" car either.

Because those greedy jerks in Washington D.C. and their think-tanks could not convince enough of us that the threat of "Global Warming" was real.

I believe wholeheartedly the entire event in the Gulf of Mexico was done, via sabotage, just to force this slimey leglislation, which fits with politicians.

Know what politicians and dirty diapers have in common?

They're both full of crap.

The thread below is from two years ago and it speaks of what I saw then.

The "Global Warming Conspiracy" Revealed...H.A.A.R.P., OnStar, and Tesla...

The only thing I did not have forecast was the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.

Everything else is dead on the money.

And or soon to come.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you my brother! Virtual high five!!

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Glad you stopped by my old friend! And I appreciate your EXCELLENT input once again. I have just ordered that book that you have recommended. It looks like it is going to be a good one.

I believe wholeheartedly the entire event in the Gulf of Mexico was done, via sabotage, just to force this slimey leglislation, which fits with politicians.

Certainly is possible my friend and yet the evidence is growing for it!

Paul Krugman warned us last week, explaining that conservatives would come up with some creative arguments to blame the BP oil spill disaster in the Gulf on President Obama, his allies, or both. Rush Limbaugh did his part on Thursday, suggesting that explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig may have had something to do with "hardcore environmentalist whackos" and the timing of Senate movement on a cap-and-trade bill. Fox News, specifically "Fox & Friends," took the crazy ball and ran with it this morning, suggesting that sabotage and politics may have been involved. Based on what, exactly? A combination of blind partisanship, overactive imaginations, and conspicuous unintelligence.

Perino: "[W]as this deliberate?" On the May 3 broadcast of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Fox News contributor Dana Perino said of the spill: "I'm not trying to introduce a conspiracy theory, but was this deliberate? You have to wonder...if there was sabotage involved."

Bolling falsely claimed it was "nine days before" the leak "was even addressed" and asked, "Did they let this thing leak? ... if they're going to try and pull drilling, that may be the way they do it." On the same broadcast of Fox & Friends, Fox Business Network host Eric Bolling said: "The question is ... why the delay in the response? You guys were pointing out, nine days before it was even addressed, 12 days before he made a formal comment. The question is, did they let this thing leak? I mean, BP said maybe a thousand barrels a day, it went to five thousand. Did they let it leak a little bit and say, boy I don't know. The conspiracy theorists would say, 'maybe they'd let it leak for a while, and then they addressed the issue.'" Bolling added: "That would be a humongous accusation and probably the net result would be no different, but if they're going to try and pull drilling, that may be the way they do it."
FAR-RIGHT MEDIA PUSH 'SABOTAGE' CONSPIRACY THEORY

The above was taken from a website that was playing with the conspiracy theories saying that they are crazy and insane. As is continued below by the examiner:

On May 3, Brown told Chris Mathews on MSNBC that President Obama "is only just now appearing to be engaged," and implied that Obama intentionally allowed the leak to worsen before getting involved.

"This (oil spill) is exactly what they want," said Brown, "because now he [President Obama] can pander to the environmentalists and say, 'I'm going to shut it down, because it's too dangerous' and, their number one rule is to not waste a good crisis."

and

Not to be out done, Fox's Eric Bolling said on the Steve Doocy show, "the question is did they let this thing leak? I mean, I know BP said 1,000 barrels a day went to 5,000. Did they let it leak a little bit and say, "boy I don't know." I mean, the conspiracy theorists would say, maybe they let it leak for a while and then they address the issue."

Quotes

Do I believe it was sabatage? No, I believe this was an accident to start out with, BUT the aftermath was definately intentional to delay the leak and find the SLOWEST way to fix it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I seriously cannot figure out how anybody would find the opening post to be funny. Or how someone could be rolling about it, but to each his own I guess. I just wanted to reiterate that there is a site to go to and submit an inquiry to BP themselves. I suggest we all do that.

This is how the page is laid out:

Submit Inquiry

We welcome your questions or comments. Please use the links below for specific topics:

To submit a suggestion, click here.

To submit an offer of products or services, click here.

If you are interested in volunteering, click here.

To report spill related damage claims, click here.

Skip all them and go to the fields that are required. There are three of them. You need your first name, your last name and a valid E-mail. After that you ask your question in the space provided. Then the category bar is a pull down. I selected "other". After this, hit submit and whatever you want to ask is sent to these slime balls.

Deepwater Horizon Response Site

[edit on 28-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I think he meant that he was happy that the thread was posted and that BP and possibly Obama was exposed further. And I have submitted by inquiry! Now it is up to everyone here to do the same...

[edit on May 28th 2010 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why clean up the oil when you can clean out someone's bank account? Surely money and greed is as much a disaster as this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not too many people know about this stuff, but I'm glad to see some do have minds of their own these days. This all proves my theory that TPTB don't want us to live well (healthy and happy), don't want the economy to get better, and will do anything to protect them selves and their investments.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
saddam hussein dumped millions of gallons of crude in the persian gulf to slow down the invasion, a platfrom in mexico lost millions of gallons of crude and all these disasters have been cleaned up. all those a$$holes on cnn and so called political pundits don't give a crap about cleaning up anything. all they care about is seeing their stupid arrogant faces on television and taking potshots at the president because they've amounted to nothing and nobodies ever heard of them. if they gave half a sh-t about anything important earth would be eden again.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I think he meant that he was happy that the thread was posted and that BP and possibly Obama was exposed further.

You're right my friend and I apologize. The truth is, this thing has me really ticked off. I know everyone deals with things in their own ways and I just couldn't see that clearly at the moment. Thanks, and again I apologize.

To reiterate, here is the site to contact these slime balls.

Deepwater Horizon Response Site

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I was listening to satellite radio today (on all flavors of political thought) about this photo op. It was unique that across the spectrum, no one was buying it. Nobody.

It was pathetic in its transparency. It was screwed up on so many facets I do not have room to begin here. All I can say is thanks to the internet and places like ATS, these shams are seen for what they are: BS.

Thanks to Uncle Sam I have been to Persian Gulf right after that spill and the site of the Valdez but a few years later. This stuff does not go away. The area is left with the oil's impact for years. The part a lot of people over look is big oil has been raping third world countries for years. Look up Texaco in Peru for an example.

Now it looks like it is our turn. The only hope is that this is an "everybody" problem. You can't bury it in hopes that no one cares about some far off place.

I remember after 9/11 Bush said the best thing we can do is go out and shop. I was amazed at how asinine that sounded. Today was deja vu'. Obama said at this PO if Americans really want to help they should come visit these tourist areas around the gulf. Only a few beaches are closed! ***Never mind the smell of oil or the dead sea life floating ashore.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ABNARTY]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Think these jobs will fall into the "created or saved" category? Can't wait to see the new unemployment numbers next Friday.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What happens if the oil mixes with a hurricane?

Are we all screwed?

my gut feeling makes me ask this question.

i live near tampa bay, so this worries me.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by 7even7eas]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I hear ya my friend! I am and everyone else down here is extremely frustrated with BP and the government. It appears that the Gulf Coast cannot get a break from anything: Corruption, Hurricanes, and now the WORST oil spill in US history. We even have a BP protest in Jackson square coming up. I will not be there, but it should be HUGE. This is honestly a huge mess that could have been corrected in the first week or two.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 BP Protest Info: New Orleans - May 30 New Orleans BP Protest Sunday, May 30 "This event is being put together by a handful pissed-off New Orleanians… it is not a political action committee, community group or activist organization although we absolutely WELCOME and INVITE anyone and everyone to join us! PLEASE spread the word… come and bring as many as you can!" WHEN: 1pm at Jackson Square
BOYCOTT BP

Not to mention that our financial industry is going to be in the dumps once again. Our sea food supply is going to be in the dumps. People are going to lose there business's and income. This is a disaster not only for the ocean, but for us as well. And mother nature will gladly send another hurricane into our WARM OILY waters. This is going be a very interesting situation and quite possibly a disaster that is cataclysmic in the future if a hurricane drags the oil onto the shore and up the Mississippi....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's hard to have a sense of humor in all of this but, it would be funny if a hurricane sucked up all the oil and deposited it in D.C. Maybe along the way picked up some feathers to go along with the downpour. Well back to being pissed off. Good job Myth big fan of your threads.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Greetings Nano-Earthlings

There much more to this story than is being told.
Tar balls turned up in Florida but not from oil spill. The US Coast Guard said tests show the tar balls don't match the oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill.
Conclusion: Origin unknown.
I’m coming to believe that some bad folks are intentionally destabilizing the earth's crust, predisposing (if not actually causing) earthquakes & potentially a shift in the Earth's orbit.
Most of us know that uncontrolled drilling of the earth's crust will cause some problems. These earth’s crust experiments (because "experiments" they are) should be closely monitored by the United Nations...not by the country that will gain.
Why would these bad folks do such a thing as weakening the Earth’s crust?
Too many poor people - Let them die and decrease the surplus population;
For bad folks there's never enough wealth - more, more, MORE!
What a good way to wage war. Bad folk hardly ever dispatch their children.
Why do I call these folk bad folks?
Oil-Well Drilling,
Coal Mining,
Dams & Reservoirs etc.
The earth crust thickness averages about
- 18 miles under the continents, but
- 3 miles under the oceans.
This is where most earthquakes originate”.
The Earth, it's animals (including homo sapiens) are suffering & dying due to bad-folk greed.
The BP oil drilling rig fire & oil spill was originally called an “Incident”. THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION's Response to the BP Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill - is indicative of Government’s humility before the powerful corporate & financial elite that it serves.
Who is Responsible for Gulf spill?
British Petroleum, Halliburton, Trans Ocean...Whoever is next to pass the slick-buck.
And then there’s HAARP!
Please don't forget HAARP - the atmospheric, ionizing bad-folk generated machine to cause earthquakes, droughts, floods, and other killing-damaging weather modification (WMD). Who knows, the BP oil well may have been HAARPed. When Homo Destructus feels overcome by greed, they will do just about anything to speed the process.
DRILLING, MINING, EXTRACTING & BOMBING – bad folks are destroying the Earth’s Crust. As these bad folk weaken the Earth's crust, they are increasing the risk of earthquakes & secondarily volcanic activity. These earthquakes then also have a potential to cause a shift in the Earth's axis.
Bad folk are not homo sapiens; they are homo destructus. Homo destructus knows but doesn't care about Earth’s harmony. Oh how Mother Earth must despise these homo destructus and long for their passing because all things do pass.
The response to the Gulk Oil Spill must
a) stop the leakage but also
b) tell homo sapiens what happened - no spin, no lies. Can we just have the plain truth for once!

May Peace be with us all... the greatest treasure in the quantum universe.

Mr X

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Whoa! I didn't see anything about this until right now. Great thread. S+F.
There's a good hand full of possibilities here. Either it was staged by the administration, with or without Obama's knowledge, or it was staged by BP. I'm sure I could think of a couple more. No matter which way you slice it, though. It is hard to find words to describe something like this. It's just down right disgusting to me that such neglect and deceitfulness are being utilized at times such as these. Somehow, sadly...I wish I could say I was surprised.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It does not surprise me as to the lengths that the corporations will go to save face. At least BHO is calling them out, but by doing so he risks getting eliminated like JFK. But in his apparent way of unwillingly to conduct press conferences to quell the masses, it is obvious how much influence these big oil companies have, or might have been involved in his election.

Where is WWJFKD when I need him/her to back me up?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am horrified beyond measure. I feel BP is criminal and corrupt. The media has every right to be on the beach filming and if I would have been there I would have told them to arrest me. The beach is public proptery, the oil from BP is trespassing against public property. BP's oil is trespassing on public property. They are criminals. They should be before a Grand Jury right now. Obama is blind to what is happening in LA and in the Gulf Coast. Why didn't he visit the marshes on boat? He ordered more boom= bandaids for the coast and the marshes. The boom was directly next to a marsh and yet the marsh had oil seeping into it. This is tragic and we as a country need to revolt against BP. There should be supertankers in our Gulf soaking up this oil, they did it in Saudi same depths. Instead, BP lied to the U.S. saying there was only 5.000 gal a day where the reality is upwards of 17,000 gal per day polluting our precious Gulf. The Supertankers would have prevented the tradegy in the marshes and on the pelicans and the deaths of all the marine life. This is scary and unreal that Obama does not have a clue to what is happening right before his eyes. I am sure that BP was deceptive and had everything done to deceive Obama while he was in LA. So what can we as Americans do about this? Revolt! Take over! How can we get Admiral Allen to do the right thing and tell Obama to get the supertankers out there? REVOLT! Our precious Gulf, eco-system is in jepordy. Did you know that U.F. scientists spent their own money and discovered upwards of a 12 ft. plume headed toward Mobile Bay? Doesn't Obama know about this? Wake up Obama, wake up! Revolt Americans and take over BP.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Please pay attention to how they dismiss it. I just watched on Anderson Cooper in which James Carville said:

"It doesnt matter, --- YES this was a staged event --- , I kind of figured that when they were going to Grand Isle but the important thing is that he said the right thing and if he goes through with it, that's great"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join