It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sestak says his brother, White House met about alleged job offer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sestak says his brother, White House met about alleged job offer

www.washingtonpost.com

Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) said Thursday his brother has spoken with White House officials about the congressman's allegation that he was offered an Obama administration job if he would stay out of a Democratic Senate primary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

He told reporters Thursday that he would not expand upon his prior statements until the White House releases its report on the matter. President Obama said in his news conference such a report would come "shortly."

Richard Sestak, who has served as his brother's top political adviser and campaign lawyer, spoke with administration officials Wednesday, Joe Sestak said.

"They got ahold of my brother on his cellphone, and he spoke to the White House . . . about what's going to occur," said Sestak, who said he expects the White House will release its information Friday. He declined to elaborate on his discussions with his brother.

The White House asked former President Bill Clinton to talk to Rep. Joe Sestak about the possibility of obtaining a senior position in the Obama administration if he would drop out of the Democratic primary race against establishment-backed Sen. Arlen Specter, the Obama administration said in a report released Friday morning.

Now we have Sestak stating that his brother was approached regarding the Job offer claim. White House came out to say that it was Bill Clinton advised by Rahm Emanuel to approach Sestak about it.

Both camps are now trying to collaborate to come with a identical story.

The snakes are lining up for another shoot out the at the "Circular Corale".

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see if the whole Blago bribery issue will be brought up. If I remember correctly, they didn't care that Blago sent someone else to sell the seat -- it was still considered sold and ultimately authorized/approved/known by Blago himself. Although I think that they had audio tapes with his voice on it as well, so perhaps that will be the defining factor. Not sure.

It's also ironic that both situations are related to Chicago politicians.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"They got ahold of my brother on his cellphone, and he spoke to the White House . . . about what's going to occur," said Sestak, who said he expects the White House will release its information Friday. He declined to elaborate on his discussions with his brother.

Joe Sestak is documented several times as saying the White House directly spoke to him. There are several video clips of him stating just that.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

You got the story wrong. This article is saying that the White House talked to his brother, his chief political advisory, on Wednesday - as in two days ago - about what they are going to report today. It's still the same story - the White House approached Sestak directly (apparently through Bill Clinton and not to his brother) last summer.

Edit to add: It's still illegal though.

[edit on 28/5/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I see that I indeed read the article wrong, that is what no "Jo'" morning will do to ya. Thanks m8.

top topics

join