It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' passes Senate Committee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

So let's let openly flaming homosexual gays into the military for equality's sake. What's next? The morbidly obese? What about their struggle for equality???

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Carseller4]

We already do let "openly flaming homosexual gays" in the military, they just aren't allowed to talk about them being gay and people can't ask them about it.

You don't need to worry, rupaul probably wont sign up.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by Raustin
I actually see both sides of this argument. If a straight woman does not want to shower with a heterosexual man, there is no problem. When a straight man does not want to shower with a gay man, he is suddenly a bigot. Of course showering is one of many examples.

This is , one of, the reason I support gender neutrality in the military. Starship Troopers style, if you will.

This seems to be the most equitable and utilitarian, especially in the navy or in a war zone where space is limited or built for effectiveness rather than comfort or privacy.

lol...oh yeah i would love to see me some naked female skin...yumm. maybe i can even start a romance? hmm that wont hinder my ability to perform in combat at all.

Maybe i dont want to be stared at by a gay person in the showers.....like a women wont like that.

Maybe i dont want a gay dude in my squad falling in love with another dude in my squad. Maybe i dont want that squad member doing crazy stuff in order for the dude he is in love with not to get hurt.

Maybe you dont want gay folks to be bashed and shunned? Maybe you dont want a gay dude to be left behind because it 'was for the misson sir'.

Give me a break....this will cause tons of problems.

If you cant see that you are BLIND.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by tauempire
Sorry misor....i was under the impression you were british....

I just wonder how badly it will effect the military and those in it.

Dont blame us 'god-fearing,bible thumping' conservatives when those in service raise some hell or some adverse effects are found.

And if they do -Snip- them! Equality under the law, either you uphold the constitution or you light it on fire and stomp on it. PERIOD.

If they don't want to be with gays, guess what!? TOO BAD! Take your homophobic ass and move to Alabama.

Mod Edit - Please Do Circumvent The Automatic Censors.

[edit on Thu, 27 May 2010 21:23:36 -0500 by MemoryShock]

So glad your judgemental of other peoples opinions Misor. And so glad you are a bigot as well. I mean...only bigots think that all people in alabama are homophobic racists.

Once again...this is the guy who quotes HIMSELF?

thats pretty arrogant.

OH...and do you serve? so how can you say *** them? If you dont serve SHUT UP! Because if you dont you have no idea what problems it will cause.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Sorry misor....i was under the impression you were british....

I just wonder how badly it will effect the military and those in it.

Dont blame us 'god-fearing,bible thumping' conservatives when those in service raise some hell or some adverse effects are found.

And if they do -Snip- them! Equality under the law, either you uphold the constitution or you light it on fire and stomp on it. PERIOD.

If they don't want to be with gays, guess what!? TOO BAD! Take your homophobic ass and move to Alabama.

Mod Edit - Please Do Circumvent The Automatic Censors.

[edit on Thu, 27 May 2010 21:23:36 -0500 by MemoryShock]

So glad your judgemental of other peoples opinions Misor. And so glad you are a bigot as well. I mean...only bigots think that all people in alabama are homophobic racists.

Once again...this is the guy who quotes HIMSELF?

thats pretty arrogant.

OH...and do you serve? so how can you say *** them? If you dont serve SHUT UP! Because if you dont you have no idea what problems it will cause.

What will cause problems? Allowing gays in the military? Oh damn you're right. Last thing we need is a bunch of fairies prancing around, right??

Ugh, the ignorance of some posters disgusts me. It really does.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

lol...oh yeah i would love to see me some naked female skin...yumm. maybe i can even start a romance? hmm that wont hinder my ability to perform in combat at all.

Perhaps in a firefight, your penis wouldn't be too high on the priority list. If it is, then you have greater issues than can be worked out on this board.

We've all heard the "affecting the ability to perform" point before, but ethnic soldiers hasn't destroyed esprit de corps, nor has adding women done likewise.

Maybe i dont want to be stared at by a gay person in the showers.....like a women wont like that.

Maybe that option is available, especially considering the volunteer status our military now enjoys. As for what the soldier's think, they should do what they are told provided it's lawful.

Maybe i dont want a gay dude in my squad falling in love with another dude in my squad. Maybe i dont want that squad member doing crazy stuff in order for the dude he is in love with not to get hurt.

Maybe it's not all about you, hard as that may be to believe.

I think it's time America grew up about sex and the realities of both the world and humanity. It's childish really.

Maybe you dont want gay folks to be bashed and shunned? Maybe you dont want a gay dude to be left behind because it 'was for the misson sir'.

You're right, I don't, but I am comfortable with the level of professionalism the military has, and it's ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Isn't that what it's known for?

Give me a break....this will cause tons of problems.

If you cant see that you are BLIND.

Of course it will, but since I wasn't talking to you and you didn't read my previous post you wouldn't know that I already said it would.

Doing the right thing sucks sometimes, but suck it up.

The sign on the door says "Liberty", like it or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Being able to shower and live intimately with the sex you're sexually attracted to is special treatment. Straight people dont get to shower with the sex they are attracted to, or sleep in their bunks. It's also straight people who have to give up their right not to be eye raped by gay men or women in the shower or bunks.

Why do the feelings of gay people matter, and the feelings of straight women matter (as far as straight men are concerned), but the feelings of straight men are completely cast aside? Why do the gay people get this special treatment? I'd be pretty #ing stoked if I found out I got to shower with the sex I'm attracted to. Can you deny that you wouldn't mind being able to shower with air force chicks?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join