It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aftermath communities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am posting this out of curiosity. in a post world would kinds of communities will exist? There will obviously be lawlessness for a time but at some point things should calm down and communities should exist right? I dont know if they will or not. but what do you think?

In the aftermath of Katrina there was a lot of looting and violent crimes and a large number of people that went to the stadium for "safety" but violent crimes took place there as well.

In the aftermath of IT will we live in a world of perpetually violence since there will be no laws and no way to enforce them? What do you think?

Edit: this is my first post so sorry if this incorrect in any way i am new to blogging in general so any criticisms are welcome... also i think the idea of survival is fascinating so i decided my first post should be in this thread.

Final Edit: okay so i has come to my attention that I should be more specific. A scenario if you will. here it is.

consider the question above with this scenario:
all governments collapse or retreat world population dwindles to 5% (so about 3 Million) across the globe. parts of the world are destroyed but fewer are inhabitable (due maybe to radiation or some other reason). societies' infrastructure is abandoned some parts of the world are still in-tacked but are abandoned.

hope this helps

[edit on 27-5-2010 by knowonder]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by knowonder]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by knowonder

Watch "The Postman." An old Kevin Costner movie. Pretty good movie, and also a pretty good representation of what I think a post SHTF scenario could look like in the US.

Of course, it all depends on the type of scenario. The event that tears things down could be technological, war, civil unrest, astronomical, biological, etc. Each of those scenarios would have a different survival technique and a different post event world.

In some cases we still have technology, but in others we are back to the stone ages. In some cases we still have communities, but in others we are so thinly populated and dispersed that everyone must fend for themselves. So, I don't think there is any easy answer to your question.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Absolutely love that movie and big Costner fan.

but more on the point maybe i should have been more specific. look for an edit to the original post for a more specific scenario.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Check this out (multipart):

It starts off more survival skills in general, but it goes into the post-apocalyptic 'aftermath community' reality.

But here's my guide on how to invest in being the 'sultan' in such a scenario:
HOWTO: Be wealthy after the collapse

[edit on 28-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

thanks for posting that vid. It was a pretty good show I thought.

new topics

top topics

join