It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Origins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is a question that I'm sure won't ever get answered but it still something I'd like to hear some thoughts on.

Creationist beleive that God created the earth, universe, life, etc... Evoluntionists beleive in the big bang theory, life out of chaos, etc...I want to know why if life came out of a "big bang" thus spurring the human race here on earth, then did that same thing happen to the supposed alien existence on other planets inthe universe? Are there any creationist that beleive that God created the aliens as well either?

I for one don't beleive in aliens YET, but would like to know the opinion on alien originations from those that do.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, God created the entire Universe, so this would obviously include ANY life found within it, including us...

...and as for creation vs. evolution, why can't God have created a Universe that evolves? Why do these two arguements have to be mutually exclusive?? I think that God created a Universe designed to evolve... so that evolution is another piece of God's amazing handiwork...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

[...]
I want to know why if life came out of a "big bang" thus spurring the human race here on earth, then did that same thing happen to the supposed alien existence on other planets inthe universe? [...]

Given that life happened here, and given the opportunity within the apparent size of the universe, I can see absolutely no statistical reason why it didn't happen, (or isn�t happening, or won�t happen) elsewhere too.

I guess if you subscribe to the creationist model: unless your given scripture is explicit in mentioning *this* world without ambiguity, is it not just as likely that *your* god created life elsewhere too ?

Just my view though ...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by 0951]

join