It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Law Allows Police Acting as Teachers to Taser School Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.mainemediaresources.com...

As the School Administrative District (SAD) #20 school board for Fort Fairfield schools considers a proposal to allow Fort Fairfield Police officers to function as teachers in Fort Fairfield schools, fears parents have of Taser use on their children may require more serious thought.

A Taser is a gun-type object that electrocutes its victims with a 50,000 volt electric shock, rendering them temporarily incapacitated and in some cases has caused death. Police across the United States have been abusing their Tasers as if they were nothing more than fancy cattle prods to coerce and intimidate the citizenry they serve.

As cited in last edition of the Fort Fairfield Journal, Maine Revised Statutes, Title 17-A, section 106 states a teacher is justified to use a “reasonable degree of non-deadly force against any such person who creates a disturbance when and to the extent that the teacher or other entrusted person reasonably believes it necessary to control the disturbing behavior.” That section of law defines “reasonable degree of force” as “the physical force applied to the child which may result in no more than transient discomfort or minor temporary marks.”

Well, we already have teachers calling the cops on kids as young as five-years old to get tased. I guess it would save tax payer money to just hire the cops as teachers and lay off all the teachers.

This country is so crazy. Who can stand it anymore?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Don't worry, someone will be in here momentarily to reason with you and quell you're fears that the incremental vice around this countries head is just you're imagination, that tasers are necessary, and that everything is fine.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh I see..police acting as teachers...so next is teachers acting like police and packing a taser beside their daily apple?
Kids these days may need more discipline than years ago..but I said DISCIPLINE.
Violence begets violence...
You tell kids not to bring weapons to school, yet they are brought there by adults. The very adults that are supposed to teach our children how to act and be members of our future society.
Nice dynamic ya'll are setting up for our children.
StOopid is as stOopid does....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why don't they just use capital punishment?

I mean, not the spanking type, just pull out a 45 caliber and shoot little Johnny when he is acting up.

C'mon people, when are you going to wake up? This country is a DAMN prison and you are the inmates.

I hear they are changing the slogan for Maine, it is going to be called-

Just TAZE me bro!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Why don't they just use capital punishment?

I mean, not the spanking type, just pull out a 45 caliber and shoot little Johnny when he is acting up.

C'mon people, when are you going to wake up? This country is a DAMN prison and you are the inmates.

I hear they are changing the slogan for Maine, it is going to be called-

Just TAZE me bro!

Speaking of little-johnny. I heard a little-johnny joke this past weekend. But I'm not going to repeat it on here.

Me personally, I'm in support of school-police & security personnel being adequately armed & equipped with appropriate hardware. But not having them as teachers. That doesn't make any sense to me. And secondly it's not up to the teachers disciplining your children. Or your priest or the boot-camp Sergeant or Maury Povich. It's up to parents! If more parents would beat their kids like they should. We wouldn't have to resort to such extremes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Discipline your kids and CPS charges you with abuse.
Don't discipline them and they run amok getting into trouble with the law and society in general.
Heaven forbid I spank my child due to bad behaviour, but send them to school by law so they can be tased for being disruptive in class.
*snip*
Somewhere down the line will be a fuzzy grey area between authority figures over parents and children.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by Marked One

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Discipline your kids and CPS charges you with abuse.
Don't discipline them and they run amok getting into trouble with the law and society in general.
Heaven forbid I spank my child due to bad behaviour, but send them to school by law so they can be tased for being disruptive in class.
WTF?
Somewhere down the line will be a fuzzy grey area between authority figures over parents and children.

I know, right. Just take your kids onto the Maury Povich show and send them to boot-camp instead.

www.youtube.com...

Can a mod fix the youtube video-link for me? Thanks.

[edit on 5/24/10 by Marked One]

Mod Edit: Fixed video link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

top topics

join