It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans - Do NOT go to Pakistan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A firend of mine who is still in the military was back in CONUS for leave and said that the Islamic Fundamentalists, even outside of Al-Quida and the Taliban, are planning on taking actions to create problems for any Americans they can get their hands of. They have been taking hostages of people they think might be helping the Westerners, and that they are even planning on soon taking American hostages in retaliation for our drone attacks.

They may even start doing this outside of the Pakistan/Afghanistan region.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I have absolutely no plans to go to Pakistan and I imagine its probably high on the list of the most dangerous places in the world for most Westerners. Still, I think everyone should be aware of this warning.

The situation in Pakistan has been precarious for years...heavy bombing has been going on there recently, but with all the other crises in the news (from the oil spill to north korea to the european economy...), the Pakistan developments haven't received the attention they deserve. This situation needs to be discussed further.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My uncle is a retired minister who opened his own web site. Pakistani "Christians" have started contacted him and asking him to come and preach to their people. I personally told him to go elsewhere, because this could be a set-up.

Remember the Islamic terrorists who kept taking Americans and other Westerners hostages in Lebannon!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In the current state only an idiot would go anywhere in the Middle East on vacation.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Brings that "Simpson" episode to mind when they travel they are caring Canadian flags, except homer ....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
literally could not pay me enough to go anywhere near pakistan
or any country that ends in stan
or anywhere outside the usa really
with the exception of parts of europe or canada, but canada only if i had to.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Definately not wise going to Pakistan for westerners. Especially if it's obvious where you're from.

You won't get away with it like Eric Bana did in Black Hawk Down!

[edit on 24/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Pakistan is not an ideal travel destination.

Our cricket team usually plays the Paki's at a more neutral arena in the mid-east, and have done for years because it is not safe for them. Especially not since that team from Sri Lanka got ambushed.

Then you've got the US and the war they are fighting in Pakistan. A plea from the government of Pakistan has lead to months of bombing especially from drones, of large parts of the country.

This has lead portions of the population to radicalise and turn to fringe groups like Al-Queda. However some almost welcome it. Most, the younger generation particularly, just want all the crazyness in the region to stop so they can live their lives in peace and with a freedom they have not known first hand.

Incidentally, more Australian tourists get killed or locked up in the States than any other country we travel to (granted it is one of the bigger destinations). But it is food for thought. No matter what country you holiday in just be careful, don't do anything you wouldn't find safe at home.

Cheers,
Pablos

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yeah but wasn't Black Hawk Down in Somalia?

Not Pakistan?

Methinks the countries with brown people get confused in your head.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If I ever found myself in Pakistan I'd be so absolutely astounded, I'd forget all about the Islamic Fundamentalists.

Honestly, it's like telling me it's no longer safe to walk on the surface of the Moon.

It's pretty inconceivable, but hey, thanks for the random warning.

- Lee

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
In the current state only an idiot would go anywhere in the Middle East on vacation.

Pakistan isn't in the middle east.

But really, who would want to go to Pakistan. It's dirty and you'll be physically pulled into every market shop.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

haha, dually noted! thanks

i was without sleep when i typed that, but i guess what i am saying is only a fool would travel abroad in the current state. remember those three hikers picked up iran not too long ago, unfortunatly they put themselves in a terrible position through fault of thier own.

it doesnt matter how good a person you are when your government represent you, they will hold you accountable. i have a feeling saying "i didnt vote for obama" will work to aleiviate your captors.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Jdawg9909]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Motive

Originally posted by Jdawg9909

But really, who would want to go to Pakistan. It's dirty and you'll be physically pulled into every market shop.

I live in Pakistan. It's polluted and blah blah blah...
But people here are more likeable than you think. I have to *snip* live with the news and blaring around me about deaths and attacks. Yet, i'm lucky enough not to have had a first hand account.
This *snip* doesn't just happen here. No place is really safe but i applaud my country for its resilience. People still go to parties and concerts and to restaurants and go to the chilly Northern areas. People here have adapted to the surrounding fear and still live their lives.
Our government's a *snip* but then again, whose isn't.
Btw, the food here will ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jujubug

Hell yeah, I've always wanted to try real Paki food in Pakistan.

The closest I've gone was when this Pakistani opened a restaurant in the city I used to live in.

I reassured the proprietor to make it like I was a Pakistan Moslem, just ordering in English not Urdu, and I was not disappointed. He was the first to make the food hot enough to my liking. And the flavour could not be beat. Only problem was he only had classic Indian dishes on the menu. I was a little disappointed but it was good food none the less. The chef in me (my profession) was wanting a little more authenticity.

Tell you what Jujubug, shoot me some recipes I would enjoy and I will be in your debt.

Cheers,
Pablos

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Pay attention to this thread in the near future.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If you're stupid and ignorant enough to venture into a middle-eastern country bearing the American flag/stamp on your passport, all whilst the United States is engaged in two bloody overbearing wars in two different middle-eastern countries, you deserve everything that comes to you.

Frankly, I like to see it, to be totally honest. Brutal, yes, but a lot of Americans need to stop being such arrogant twits. Your country is a menace to the rest of the world, and it treats it's own citizens just as bad. When it sends in predator drones to kill civilians by the dozens, and you try to go in that very same country where the blood is spilled, and do so "as a tourist", then you deserve to be kidnapped and/or anything else.

It would be like during WW2, if Germans decided to get "angry" that their civilians were being attacked in the UK for "being on vacation".

However, if you're savvy enough, and well-traveled, and you're more likely a "world citizen" than you are an "American", then be my guest, you probably know how to deal with yourself. However, people like that have had the good sense to change their citizenship after a while.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Why we watching?

What have you found?

What will happen?

Cheers,
Pablos

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Dear Syphon X,

If you can trust your judgment to decide who deserves to be kidnapped and/or anything else, (which in the Islamic Fundamentalist countries includes beheadings and body mutilations), then what makes you think we have any less right to do so?

There had been an "underground" shift in momentum and power, and it will likely show itself in the coming weeks to months.

Have a nice day, Syphon X.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Damn I had such a great trip planed for the whole family. Even had the in-laws taggin along.
The smell of ghetto's and outdoor fish markets. Now what the hell am I
gonna dooh?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The friend of mine had also said that we had a good idea that bin Ladin was, in fact, in Pakistan and that it would be unsafe in that country once we killed him. However, because that information was so delicate I could not add that to my thread. I hope it now makes more sense.

Way to go, Seal Team Six!

new topics

top topics

join