It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cops mistake actual weed for marijuana, spend hours doing yard work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This story made me LMAO! And these are cops that are suppose to protect and serve during real emergencies. Da!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ha. This is a good news story.

Since the local fuzz don't seem to know what cannabis looks like, it might be a good location for an actual grow-op.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My brother went to jail for 5 days. Here's what happened:

He was pulled over by a police officer. The officer said he was speeding. He said he wasn't. He was asked for his DL and insurance. He gave him his DL, but couldn't find the papers or card for the insurance. So he had to go to court and present proof.

On his court date, he came with his paperwork, and even though he had proof that he had insurance at the time, the court was determined to get him for the speeding.

I personally don't believe he was speeding, because he was hit with a speeding ticket (his first) a few months earlier, and ever since then he has been paranoid when it comes to the police. He doesn't want to get pulled over or ever have to pay a fine again. So I'm pretty sure the cop was just looking for anyone they could pin a speeding ticket on to meet their quota.

Anyway,

He decides to fight it rather than just pay the fine outright, so he's in court before the judge, and he happens to know the police officer personally. He was the father of a kid who was well-known at our high school for being the #1 guy to go to if you wanted any kind of drugs. He had all kinds of prescription drugs, pot, even stuff that was "hard" like coc aine and heroin.

So my brother, in his infinite wisdom, tried to ask the judge how they could determine who was telling the truth. It was his word or the cop's. The judge asked him if he really expected him to take the word of a speeder or a police officer? My brother replied that the police officer they were speaking of was the provider of most of the marijuana at our high school through his son, so he certainly wasn't to be trusted.

Well, needless to say, the judge didn't like that. He was found to be in contempt of court, and ended up in jail for five days. Although eventually they let him go, it seemed to me to be a display of power without any legal, justified, rational course of justice whatsoever. He lost his job at the time for not showing up for work, but it was impossible to get word out that he couldn't make it because they never allowed him a phone call.

But here's the good part:

A few years later, an article in the newspaper with a front-page headline described a police officer found to be confiscating evidence and cash from drug busts, and selling drugs. His son was also charged with drug possession with intent to sell. They both were found guilty.

They were the same police officer and his son that my brother spoke about in court.

My brother was right, after all. But nobody ever apologized to him for keeping him in jail, or refunded the hundreds of dollars in fines, court fees, etc. that he paid for accusations without proof.

This is the U.S.A.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by 30_seconds]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hey give them a brake there probly was just 1 pot plant there but laking a test kit they tested it the old fashion way .After that first test who could blame them for weeding the place lolol.
ps Heres another true funny story back 25 years agaio when you could still smoke in stores and places me and a friend were sitting in a mall I rolled my own smokes back then anyway up walks this rent a cop . Says what you all smoking ? right off we know what this guy was thinking and started laughing.
he goes to the ash tray starts tearing the buts apart and sniffing them meen wile by this time me and my friend were rooling on the floor laughing so hard we probly looked wasted lololol.
finly the rent a cop stops witha sheepish look says watch out theres a pers snacher around. Ok gess he didnt notice we were both guys eather .lololo

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
haha I gotta say this is pretty damn hilarious. Do these cops have any training whatsoever with drugs? I mean pot plants are very easy to identify and especially if they are flowering they have that distinct pot smell.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
At first I thought, "How in the world could the police department mistake something else for a patch of a marijuana plants?".

But, then I googled horse mint and I guess to the uninformed eye this could look similar to pot:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24c203471b8c.jpg[/atsimg]

But, it's still comical to think that it was in the middle of a city park. I mean, if I didn't know what the hell pot looked like, I'd look it up on the internet just to make sure before I called in the cavalry and made myself, my department and my training and preparation look like a total and massive failure on all parts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join