It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking Baby of Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Daily Mail UK

'I'm not worried about his health, he looks healthy,' shrugged the boy's father Mohammad Rizal.

Does this highlight a lack of awareness of the effects of smoking in countries such as Indonesia or is it more just a case of lazy parenting and child cruelty?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20a73636a5c8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

It's a terrible story and hit my black humour nerve so much I laughed. What next for this precocious kid? Will he be smacking waitresses' asses and demanding a 'sammich and Scotch?' Is he doomed to tattoos at four and venereal disease at five?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It's a terrible story and hit my black humour nerve so much I laughed. What next for this precocious kid? Will he be smacking waitresses' asses and demanding a 'sammich and Scotch?' Is he doomed to tattoos at four and venereal disease at five?

Kandinsky.....

He can borrow my dog!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d628afd8e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You'll all cry about him smoking but you won't say a thing when he's 10 and working 16 hour days making crappy wal-mart furniture or clothing, and overpriced shoes in conditions you wouldn't subject your worst enemy too.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zer0pro

Your presumptions are based on what? The fact that it was posted in the first place shows that I have empathy for the child and his situation, and to point out that I have no compassion for the exploited masses in the third world is insult and ask you to both retract the accusation and make your future comments are aimed at people who deserve your angst.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ok so it was not ment as a personal attack on you and Im sure that you do care about child exploitation in 3rd world countrys. Mabey I was a little preemptive in my posting and I should have waited for 50 or so other people to come along and say OMG that's child cruelty or abuse and its so wrong to let a kid smoke and bla bla bla. That's who i really ment to direct all that "angst" at, not just you. If it had been a kid from America I would have laughed and told all the whiners to shut up and that nobody wants to hear the anti smoking bla bla that only hardcore non smokers aren't tired of. But the fact of the matter is, I see a picture of a child that in 7 or so years will be working ungodly hours for about 3 bucks a day, but what people are worried about is "the lack of awareness of the effects of smoking in countrys such as Indonesia". By the by, it's not angst it's anger. So I will retract nothing but will add... Smoke on lil guy, you deserve it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zer0pro
You'll all cry about him smoking but you won't say a thing when he's 10 and working 16 hour days making crappy wal-mart furniture or clothing, and overpriced shoes in conditions you wouldn't subject your worst enemy too.

Oh yes, because smoking, a choice, and working, a cultural necessity for this area, are so the same thing.

Perhaps if they didn't buy cigarettes they wouldn't need as much money and could work less? Did that ever occur to you?

By all means people, don't criticize a baby smoking since there are other atrocities in his future.

Am I the only one that thinks it's better to live and have to work than to die from cancer before even becoming an adult?

Working at 10 is not right, but it doesn't make smoking as a baby any less wrong.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That's pretty sad how when one person fails they try to make another fail that doesn't yet understand the purpose of living.

top topics

join