It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reliable Sources" - What does this mean these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Was just reading through some threads and it got me thinking... what ARE reliable sources these days?

I just want some opinions / discussion regarding other ATS'ers views of what constitutes a reliable source when it seems our MSM can no longer be trusted to give a fully accurate story...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There are no reliable sources as the saying "everybody's got a price" or an interest is more than correct

In my eyes "reliable sources" are the ones that point out only the facts that took place for sure.

For instance 9/11 happened , we all know that the tower collapsed , some were there seeing with their own eyes or seeing the ashes afterward

That's the only thing that took place for sure , it's up to you or anyone else to believe or not what the US government is saying and how their investigation took place

Also, most refer at " reliable sources" in accordance to their beliefs and their principles and that's the beauty of life , it will take a long time for you to find two people with the same beliefs and principles...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If I agree with the message, the source is reliable. If I disagree, it is obviously a shill site promoting an agenda.

I'm joking of course, but it is certainly natural to want to believe content that agrees with your worldview.

When it comes to scientific material...
Personally, I like sources that cite other sources - especially if those cited sources are peer reviewed published studies - extra bonus points if the full study is viewable online.

When it comes to politics or events...
I like sources that have original video/audio/full transcripts.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

When I was in highschool science class over 20yrs ago, my teacher held up a rock and said "Today this rock is going to teach us all about itself!" and several students at the back of the class replied "A rock can't teach us anything... its just a stupid rock!" and the teacher calmly replied "Well then... maybe GEOLOGY isn't for you!".

Personal Disclosure: Regardless of the reliability [i.e. tendency to tell the truth or falsehoods] of the source, it is the data and the data's reliability that is REALLY important!

new topics

top topics

join